Question about the Kenne Bell 2.1

crazycarlo

Established Member
Why go through all the trouble. A ported eaton will out perform a 98 cobra 2.1. Plus that’s just added cost to the total of the swap.

Miked232

Established Member
Once I get my Kenne Bell... helpfully within 3 weeks or so. I’m gonna try something similar to what MysticK tried. Luckily enough I have a friend that’s a CNC Machinist and I’ve got a TIG welder

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

96GT226410

Established Member
Once I get my Kenne Bell... helpfully within 3 weeks or so. I’m gonna try something similar to what MysticK tried. Luckily enough I have a friend that’s a CNC Machinist and I’ve got a TIG welder

Keep us posted if you do. Good luck!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Race Red Boss

Established Member
So I reached out to Kenne Bell. Took 2 voice messages and a chat request via Facebook to get a call. Not sure I would have gotten a call back had I not kept pressing? When I did get the return call the guy I spoke to was accomodating and answered the questions I had. My primary request was for the install manual, which was apparently not as easy you would think to get (did not have pdf of it on hand). He managed to get the pdf from the document creator and sent it onto me. I reviewed it and the install does look fairly straight forward. I had a couple of additional questions, so responded to his email with them.....and have yet to hear back. That was over a week ago.

So, my concern now is; how good would they be if I need help during/after the install. Maybe it all goes well and I don't need them, but then again......what if I do and I can't get a hold of them? From what I could gather they have two people answering the phones (taking orders and delivering support).

Anyways, thought I'd share my experience.

Miked232

Established Member
One of my friends suggested going thru steeda instead of Kenne Bell. I wonder if Steedas customer service is better ?

031tonHO

Established Member
Thats honestly not that surprising from Kenne Bell. I doubt they even have someone that worked there when they were still making the 2.1L blowers.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Look up my posts from couple years back I have a 1.5l with a fabbed up inlet to flow almost double what the stock one does and a bypass valve also running a meth nozzle under the blower and one pre makes 520 rwhp at 14 psi

Miked232

Established Member
Look up my posts from couple years back I have a 1.5l with a fabbed up inlet to flow almost double what the stock one does and a bypass valve also running a meth nozzle under the blower and one pre makes 520 rwhp at 14 psi

What temps are you running @ 14psi? I’m having mine tuned for 10. I don’t wanna run too hot

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
What temps are you running @ 14psi? I’m having mine tuned for 10. I don’t wanna run too hot

Well I was running 10 psi prior to all this and just doing the inlet with no change in pulley after was 12-13 psi so I gained 3 psi free boost due to the stock inlet restriction I then added a smaller pulley and hit 14-15 psi now with a 120 degree discharge temp. I am spraying a total of 1000ml of water methanol it keeps it plenty cool

Miked232

Established Member
Well I was running 10 psi prior to all this and just doing the inlet with no change in pulley after was 12-13 psi so I gained 3 psi free boost due to the stock inlet restriction I then added a smaller pulley and hit 14-15 psi now with a 120 degree discharge temp. I am spraying a total of 1000ml of water methanol it keeps it plenty cool

Sorry if this sounds stupid. I don’t know much about water methanol. Does this system run 24/7 or do you only use it for the track???

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I don’t daily drive my car it’s set up for drag but if I do drive it daily a half gallon tank can last to a whole gas tank or if you 1/4 mike it you get like 8-10 passes

Users who are viewing this thread