Rebirth of the JDM Engineering Caged Lower Pulley

JimIII@jdm

We were just contacted by John Mihovetz of Accufab who let me know he found some of our old JDM Caged Lower pulley pieces that they made for us. We stopped selling them when the "Bolt On" or "Hub" Style pulleys came out because the demand dropped. Our design was more expensive and it quickly became easier and cheaper to sell the Metco lowers we offer.

The Caged design was intended to work and fit like the stock pulley assembly but with the advantage of quick change pulley ring sizes. The Cage design offers Full Crank Support and less drag on the engine.

Most of our customers who installed the cage pulley and who eventually went to remove them had problems with the Spindle. It was made of a soft metal that would often strip or round off when removing. We are already discussing hardening them or having them made from a harder, stronger material.

JDM-Gen3Pulley.jpg

JDM Pulley on the Left Stock Lightning Lower pulley on Right

JDM-Caged-2ndGen.jpg

Post here if your interested or what your experience/feedback is on the original JDM Caged lower pulley!

Thanks,

JimIII@JDM

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'd be interested. I've just seen too many broken snouts. I'd love to have that extra support, and also run an 8# or 10# lower pulley.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Have you guys ever tested a stock sized lower ring on one of these versus a stock lower to see if the reduced parasitic drag produces a measurable increase in HP?

JimIII@jdm

Have you guys ever tested a stock sized lower ring on one of these versus a stock lower to see if the reduced parasitic drag produces a measurable increase in HP?

Besides the weight of the factory crank pulley being greater than our Pulley rings I dont think we would see much. That is an interesting point to prove though. I might have to get a stock size ring made if we reproduce these and try it!

BMR Tech

Nice!

Jim, is this possible to do on the '03-'04 Cobra? People are begging and crying for such a thing, and I would probably scoop one up as well.

JimIII@jdm

Nice!

Jim, is this possible to do on the '03-'04 Cobra? People are begging and crying for such a thing, and I would probably scoop one up as well.

We made a few but they were costly back then. Ill see if its something we have any parts left from.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you guys gauging interest on the lightning boards as well? I know a couple of bigger hitters broke crank snouts over the last year - year and a half and these have always been brought back up but I think only maybe one of those guys posts on svtp

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
you guys gauging interest on the lightning boards as well? I know a couple of bigger hitters broke crank snouts over the last year - year and a half and these have always been brought back up but I think only maybe one of those guys posts on svtp

Point them over here.:beer:

02lightning14

Established Member
I would buy one. But I would like to be able to go back to stock size pulley when going on long trips without having to change the whole cage.

Users who are viewing this thread