Replacing shaker 500 with factory navigation unit

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
regarding having to reset the functions you want every time you turn the car off.....

could you possibly rewire the power wires so that the radio is on constant power? ie, the radio will work without the keys in the ignition. this is how i installed my aftermarket radio in my DD. or maybe run a battery backup inline with the power wire?

Walk2Much

Established Member
I also just replaced my s500 with a factory nav. 1st problem and the most annoying to me is the hard buttons will not light up when the parking lights are turned on. Just to be checking does everyone else's hard buttons light up? And 2nd I get the dtc "B2477 ecu configuration failure" I think maybe that has something to do with getting it reprogrammed. And lastly my aux button is not showing either, maybe the reprogramming also? Does anyone have any input on these?

Walk2Much

Established Member
Something else, and I noticed similar comments when studying a number of threads where others had done this same swap - the sound doesn't rock as hard as the Shaker did (another programming thing?). Even manually cranking up the bass doesn't match the previous system. The Black Keys "I'm Howlin' For You" loses just about everything.

My fingers are crossed. Any of you with experience here - by all means, please chime in.

Tob

I have also noticed this. But when you do the DTC and do the speaker test the subs work just fine. However when you are listening to a cd or the radio the subs do not work at all. Have you figured anything out Tob? I wonder if this has to be reprogrammed also?

JLD

Established Member
I have the same problem with the aux button and the lights around the nav screen and my radio does not stay on when I turn the car off

Walk2Much

Established Member
I did some searching and found this thread on another forum: Replace Shaker 500 with OEM Navigation - Ford Mustang Forums Guy on there recommded this company as they have worked on his: Chicago Parts & Sound, Inc So called them today and talked about the problems I am having with my Nav unit. They said that reprogramming the unit will fix all the problems. So I sent it off to them today. Should be getting it back sometime next week. They guy I talked to said it will cost $110 plus shipping. I'll post back and let you guys know if the reprogramming works.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I did some searching and found this thread on another forum: Replace Shaker 500 with OEM Navigation - Ford Mustang Forums Guy on there recommded this company as they have worked on his: Chicago Parts & Sound, Inc So called them today and talked about the problems I am having with my Nav unit. They said that reprogramming the unit will fix all the problems. So I sent it off to them today. Should be getting it back sometime next week. They guy I talked to said it will cost $110 plus shipping. I'll post back and let you guys know if the reprogramming works.

Sounds good. Let us know.

Walk2Much

Established Member
Finally got my navi back today! Hooked it up and everything works fine. The hard buttons light up when I turn the parking lights on, the line in tab appears and works and the subwoofers work. And also it is not showing any error codes.

pony23

Established Member
I just picked up a factory nav setup for my 08. Plugged it in and it works great. It was from another 08 so no need to go to the dealer for programming. I have a question about the phone function. In my wifes 08 Edge the nav bluetooth's phone calls plus Pandora and iPod music. Doesn't work on the mustang one. My phone picks up tge bluetooth signal from it. Can this get turned on? I thought that up above the mirror was a set of speakers built in for phone calls?

Last edited:

ivandrea

Established Member
Hey, glad it all worked out for you. I understand the mirror/map light speaker looking holes are actually for the factory alarm system.

Users who are viewing this thread