Retro Review: 1991 Ford F-150 SuperCab

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Those 4.9 I6s are damn near invincible!

Yes they are. I've got one in my '95 E-150 with more than a 1/4 million miles on it and she still runs like a champ. I don't know how much longer the stock transmission is going to keep chugging along but I don't drive it much these days so hopefully a while.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Yesssssssssss, 210 HP! That thing would have stood no chance against my beastly 94 GT with a supremely dominating 215 HP! lol I'm going to have to watch the retro review of the 94 GT against the Camaro. The GT in the vid is identical to the one I had....except for the interior. I still remember the magazine cover of the two of them from Motor Trend.

It's amazing how far cars/engines have come over the years.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yesssssssssss, 210 HP! That thing would have stood no chance against my beastly 94 GT with a supremely dominating 215 HP! lol I'm going to have to watch the retro review of the 94 GT against the Camaro. The GT in the vid is identical to the one I had....except for the interior. I still remember the magazine cover of the two of them from Motor Trend.

It's amazing how far cars/engines have come over the years.

That's pretty much the reason you see so many of the new ones plowing through crowds. Drivers can't handle doubling the power in less than 20 years.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
That's pretty much the reason you see so many of the new ones plowing through crowds. Drivers can't handle doubling the power in less than 20 years.

Indeed. It's pretty insane how much HP is out on the roads running around for just anyone to tap into. I remember thinking the how fast the Camaro of the day was, over the Mustangs, and impressed with it. All in all, I was happy with my little ole 215 HP GT. I don't even use what I have in my Cobra. It's all retaliative I suppose.

It's a unique time we are living in. Certainly for cars but also the "technology boom" we've experienced in about the same time. This time in our history will most likely stand out.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Indeed. It's pretty insane how much HP is out on the roads running around for just anyone to tap into. I remember thinking the how fast the Camaro of the day was, over the Mustangs, and impressed with it. All in all, I was happy with my little ole 215 HP GT. I don't even use what I have in my Cobra. It's all retaliative I suppose.

It's a unique time we are living in. Certainly for cars but also the "technology boom" we've experienced in about the same time. This time in our history will most likely stand out.

My problem is that new cars are just too sanitary. A 500HP S550 feels cool, but a 300HP Fox feels like a monster trying to kill you. The sensation of speed can often be more thrilling than actual speed.

Zemedici

Established Member
My problem is that new cars are just too sanitary. A 500HP S550 feels cool, but a 300HP Fox feels like a monster trying to kill you. The sensation of speed can often be more thrilling than actual speed.

exact reason I sold my 2015 GT for a 2003 cobra.

Yeah my girls 2015 makes 40 more whp than my 03 cobra, but she's scared to drive the cobra, feels like she's going to crash it. Said 'you gotta pay attention to too much shit driving your car'

aaaaaaand there you have it folks.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Yeah my girls 2015 makes 40 more whp than my 03 cobra, but she's scared to drive the cobra, feels like she's going to crash it. Said 'you gotta pay attention to too much shit driving your car'

I look for restomodding the older cars becoming much more popular over the next few years. At this point I'd rather put $35k in a properly sorted Terminator than $50k+ in an S550.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

So true Josh, like I've said before, I've driven my friends 14 GT 500 and he's driven my 03 with less HP and he said the 03 is scary compared to the 14. I feel the same.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I look for restomodding the older cars becoming much more popular over the next few years. At this point I'd rather put $35k in a properly sorted Terminator than $50k+ in an S550.

while i agree with this statement id rather have that for the weekend toy and a more civilized (with power) DD. DDing a monster just doesnt do it for me any more (old age lol) and it also makes it feel more special when you do drive it on that nice sunny day.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

\

Yeah, I've heard of this from other people too (the brutal feeling you get when you jump on the power on the older cars). I do enjoy that too and I still get a big grin on my face when I put the foot a bit into the go pedal. I've not driven many newer high HP cars but understand this view point. I can see how a car can be too civilized and disconnect you from the power. All the modern safety standards have made the modern day muscle car very porky. It's a great feeling to have a lot of power in smaller, lighter car. You have to love the Fox bodies for that.

As I said, I was pretty happy with my 94 GT when I had it. I had 3.73's put in it and will never forgot the night and day difference of how it made the car feel from that one simple change. It was 10 times more fun from that point. It is the simplest of things that can make a car super fun to someone and those changes aren't necessarily based on upping the HP.

Users who are viewing this thread