Sad day for law enforcement

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Fox news report said that it appeared the officers never fired their weapons. Looking like an ambush unless we learn otherwise. Tragic and sad news.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
And they wonder why LEOs are skittish in traffic stops.

Essentially the same is said when people are on edge and nervous at traffic stops thanks to negative interactivity some people have with some cops. Such reasoning and justification is brushed off as nonsense then but not now?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Essentially the same is said when people are on edge and nervous at traffic stops thanks to negative interactivity some people have with some cops. Such reasoning and justification is brushed off as nonsense then but not now?

You can watch that negativity people have with the cops every Friday and Saturday night on Live PD. Last night in Phoenix cop pulls over this clown driving 100mph in a 55 zone. So the guy comes out fighting with the cops and his girlfriend with a kid in her hands just yelling all racial slurs at the cops. These are the retarded scum we have in this country who are ruining our society.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You can watch that negativity people have with the cops every Friday and Saturday night on Live PD. Last night in Phoenix cop pulls over this clown driving 100mph in a 55 zone. So the guy comes out fighting with the cops and his girlfriend with a kid in her hands just yelling all racial slurs at the cops. These are the retarded scum we have in this country who are ruining our society.

Maybe I wasn't clear because the question I had was not satisfied with a reality show as the answer.

Is every person bad? No. Is every cop bad? No. Is every person at a traffic stop or L.E. interaction bad? No. Is every cop in the before mentioned interaction bad? No. Cops do not want to be treated in a negative way and neither do people but it seems as if we have a double standard here.

If police are skittish, might that effect how they deal with people and how they are dealt with in return?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Maybe I wasn't clear because the question I had was not satisfied with a reality show as the answer.

Is every person bad? No. Is every cop bad? No. Is every person at a traffic stop or L.E. interaction bad? No. Is every cop in the before mentioned interaction bad? No. Cops do not want to be treated in a negative way and neither do people but it seems as if we have a double standard here.

If police are skittish, might that effect how they deal with people and how they are dealt with in return?

Well people will be treated in a positive way when they stop acting like dick heads at traffic stops. So when you get pulled over do you attack the cops and yell obscenities at them. I doubt it. There are bad cops out there and we all know that. But this all comes down to human behavior and common sense. Many people in this country do not have that.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Well people will be treated in a positive way when they stop acting like dick heads at traffic stops. So when you get pulled over do you attack the cops and yell obscenities at them. I doubt it. There are bad cops out there and we all know that. But this all comes down to human behavior and common sense. Many people in this country do not have that.

Cops are not on edge only when dealing with those which you describe and that is where the problem lies.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Prayers to the officers and their families. Theirs is a line of work I truly respect and one I could not imagine myself having the courage to do myself.

News flash - If you respect the LEO's chances are ASTRONOMICALLY high that you will actually survive the traffic stop. You have to assume the officers will behave appropriately because...get this...their job is to uphold the law and not harass or kill you. Their line of work is incredibly dangerous and they need to be alert and "on edge" every second. So excuse them for exercising extreme caution when they pull you over.

People who get pulled over, on the other hand, whether for driving 100 in a 55 or for having expired tags or a burnt out taillight bulb, HAVE NO REASON TO BE ON EDGE and all they need to to is not be an idiot to the officer. It is beyond ridiculous to say that people who get pulled over somehow have the right to be skittish to the point not to follow the SIMPLE instructions given to them by the LEO. The incident will not end with a hug or a handshake from the LEO, and the officer may not be overly friendly toward you, but that is not what is important. You were pulled over for a reason, and the officer's job is to investigate and enforce. Sit there and deal with it.

If you are worried about "bad cops" you are watching too much tv and reading too many poorly written news stories that do not accurately report the incident...all in an effort to boost ratings & internet clicks.

Society is full of complete morons who never were taught the words "Yes Sir, No Sir, Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am" and so on. It is a shame. Some things in life are hard, but behaving properly during a traffic stop is not.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'm no expert but this is what I'm thinking.
In the past, we've had idiots vs cops. It's lead up to the problems we have now as mentioned above.
Now that protesting EVERYTHING seems to be the order of the day, I'm afraid it will embolden even more idiots to rise against the police and anything & everyone they see fit. Whether it's right or wrong.

Coiled03

Established Member
Cops are not on edge only when dealing with those which you describe and that is where the problem lies.

The problem is LEOs think respect is OWED to them. In other words, it's up to you to be respectful to them before they treat you with respect. Considering their job is to serve the public, I think it should be the other way around. Alas, that's not how it works, cuz reasons.

M240Bravo

Established Member
I would rather go hang out the hood on a friday night then deal with cops. Don't feel safe around them anymore.

Machdup1

Established Member
I would rather go hang out the hood on a friday night then deal with cops. Don't feel safe around them anymore.
This is the wrong vehicle to have a debate with you on that subject, but that comment was classless.

Maybe the families of the fallen find peace, may the injuried recover and may their brothers and sisters in LE find strength and support.

Users who are viewing this thread