show me you F1A setups.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Seriously considering making the switch from my whipple to the f1a this summer so I am interested to see everyone's setup and the boost and power they make. track et's would be great too.

I am hoping to make a solid 850/800 on no more than 25psi on e85. My combo is a .020 9.5:1 alum 4.6, cnc'd navi heads with big valves, comp stg2 blower cams, and a seriously worked lower intake.

I will be using the 8 rib f1a kit, with their upper intake, a worked dragon pl/tb and a killer chiller.

i am looking for all 4v combos, perferably stock displacement, to get an idea if my goals are possible. If not, ill slap on a 2.9 whipple crusher.

thanks guys!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Seriously considering making the switch from my whipple to the f1a this summer so I am interested to see everyone's setup and the boost and power they make. track et's would be great too.

I am hoping to make a solid 850/800 on no more than 25psi on e85. My combo is a .020 9.5:1 alum 4.6, cnc'd navi heads with big valves, comp stg2 blower cams, and a seriously worked lower intake.

I will be using the 8 rib f1a kit, with their upper intake, a worked dragon pl/tb and a killer chiller.

i am looking for all 4v combos, perferably stock displacement, to get an idea if my goals are possible. If not, ill slap on a 2.9 whipple crusher.

thanks guys!

You're goals are VERY achievable. There are a few guys on this site that have the f1a, but not many. I would personally recommend speaking to encasedmetal, I'm sure he'll jump in here soon lol. Although I don't know about your TQ goals, will probably be lower than that. Also would NOT use their upper intake, especially if you want some low end power.

z28misfit

Established Member
If I remember Ill try to pm you my dyno numbers once my F1a project is done. Im hoping to be finished with it in 2 weeks and then off to the dyno. I have the F1a race kit with the cog belt. Should be right around the 22psi range and Im gonna be running pump gas. Probably gonna use some sort of octane booster though for safe measure.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Damn, that thing sounds like it moved enough air to start its own tornado!!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
OP- I take it that you are keeping the 03/04 intercooler setup the way it is? If so, I don't feel it's a good move and when combined with the procharger upper you are killing all air velocity that you have with your intake setup. yes this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but do some research and I think you'll be stressed to find a combo using the 03/04 lower and procharger upper that makes close to 800 without a ton of boost and C16. with a proper setup including an A/A IC and intake- 800rwhp at 20 psi is more than obtainable. add in E85 and a couple more psi and you have Derek's car- case in point. these pics were taken before I switched my IC tubing to 3.5"
022-3.gif

023-3.gif

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
OP- I take it that you are keeping the 03/04 intercooler setup the way it is? If so, I don't feel it's a good move and when combined with the procharger upper you are killing all air velocity that you have with your intake setup. yes this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but do some research and I think you'll be stressed to find a combo using the 03/04 lower and procharger upper that makes close to 800 without a ton of boost and C16. with a proper setup including an A/A IC and intake- 800rwhp at 20 psi is more than obtainable. add in E85 and a couple more psi and you have Derek's car- case in point. these pics were taken before I switched my IC tubing to 3.5"
022-3.gif

023-3.gif

good points, and knowing that is why i mentioned I wanted the boost level around 25. Combine that with my compression and head/cam combo, I have a good feeling of hitting the 850 mark, but that is why I wanted to check out multiple different setups. As far as Derek's car, he is using 5l of displacement, which gives him a good 50hp advantage over a 4.6 on the same setup.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
2003 cobra
-stock motor
-f1a 6rib
-99-01 ported mani
-return aeromotive fuel system'
-17lbs

621/574 Very conservative tune.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
good points, and knowing that is why i mentioned I wanted the boost level around 25. Combine that with my compression and head/cam combo, I have a good feeling of hitting the 850 mark, but that is why I wanted to check out multiple different setups. As far as Derek's car, he is using 5l of displacement, which gives him a good 50hp advantage over a 4.6 on the same setup.

Yeah-but Dereks car is on 21 psi and ran out of fuel at 6500 rpm. His car should redline around 75-7700 rpm. He has a lot of power left in that car. 25 psi is a bandaid for a poor setup to make 850rwhp. Plus belt slip is a lot more prevalent at 25psi than 20 psi

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
holy shit these F1A cars sound extremely good.

makes me want to get the F1A instead of a D1 when i upgrade to a larger headunit.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Yeah-but Dereks car is on 21 psi and ran out of fuel at 6500 rpm. His car should redline around 75-7700 rpm. He has a lot of power left in that car. 25 psi is a bandaid for a poor setup to make 850rwhp. Plus belt slip is a lot more prevalent at 25psi than 20 psi

I can agree with that. Im trying to keep costs at a reasonable level, but maybe i should hold out for the cog drive with the procharger fmic and run the sullivan intake.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
i have a f1a cog belt setup all custom stainless piping, upgraded intercooler and blow through maf.. only 400 miles on kit.. Ill sell it if the price is right..
IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Dont drive it.. and with work dont have time to give the car a paint job that it needs. Thats all it needs so i would rather part it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread