show me you F1A setups.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was toying with the idea of going with an On3 turbo since my D1 is officially dead. But I think I'll switch over to an an F1A instead. I still have all my stuff from the D1. There was a video of a Mach 1 on the same page as Derek's Cobra and in the driving around part and the F1A didn't seem to bad noise wise. I think I'm going to have to run a 4.5" pulley to get anything below 20psi with my overdrive crank pulley though.

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
So whats the benefit of the f1 over a turbo on an 03 cobra? dont see many f1 setups.

Besides being different like someone already said, A more favorable power band to put the power to the ground, especially if your rear wheel drive. Also, sounds ****ing amazing.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Besides being different like someone already said, A more favorable power band to put the power to the ground, especially if your rear wheel drive. Also, sounds ****ing amazing.

Yea thats where i was wondering cause I would imagine the procharger and a turbo share pretty much the same style powerband. I hope people dont think im bashing Prochargers i am truly learning this side of things. Im an LSX guy and just picked my cobra up 2 months ago. Never really did much research between the two.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Yea thats where i was wondering cause I would imagine the procharger and a turbo share pretty much the same style powerband. I hope people dont think im bashing Prochargers i am truly learning this side of things. Im an LSX guy and just picked my cobra up 2 months ago. Never really did much research between the two.

I know I'm going to get criticized for this, but the best way to put it in simply terms is a turbo has an exponential increase in power, with would mean it would heavily increase very fast and almost "hit" boost? The centri is more of a linear power curve which allows for keeping traction a little bit better. I mean, it makes sense. Think about it, if one car has its power all of the sudden rush to the rear wheels within a second it's probably going to break traction. But if it comes on in a linear fashion, you have a better chance of staying planted.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
I can say this, if you have the red race open bov it's very loud and can get annoying, peoPle say my car sounds like a jet coming down the road.

What screen set ups is everyone running? I'm ditching my intake/filter setup.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I can say this, if you have the red race open bov it's very loud and can get annoying, peoPle say my car sounds like a jet coming down the road.

What screen set ups is everyone running? I'm ditching my intake/filter setup.

made my own using a stainless steel collander. procharger one is 120 bux-outrageous

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
Was talking to encaedmetal via pm and he thought I should mention this in here about my set up.

On the dyno with the filter set up I have on the car now, which consists of a 90 elbow to a k&n filter I lost about 40whp versus no filter/no piping. The small piping and filter can be very restrictive.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is anyone running an aftermarket radiator with the F1A? It looks like space is at a premium with that blower.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
this thread is def. getting me excited to finish my F1 setup, all i have left to do is the aluminum intercooler piping to be fabbed up.

redcollection8

Established Member
2010-04-19190531.jpg

25psi put down 740whp

Here's a idle video where you can hear the F1A. Just click the image.

th_IMG_0235.jpg

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
made my own using a stainless steel collander. procharger one is 120 bux-outrageous

wont dust and stuff get into the blower without that filter on it?

im considering ditching the filter on my paxton blower and just running a screen.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Never been a fan of screens cause you just never know. And rebuilds on those things are expensive. I'd find a less restrictive intake/filter or deal with the power loss personally.

Users who are viewing this thread