Some Quality Control Issues on the 2015's

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Some Quality Control Issues on the 2015's w/ Pics

After closer inspection of my brand new 2015 GT I've found some issues.

1) Trunk alignment is off. It sits noticeably off to one side making a large gap on the other side very noticeable.

Here's the left side of the trunk.
leftsidetrunk.jpg

Notice it doesnt even sit flush on the decklid
leftsidetail.jpg

And here's the right side
rightsidetrunk.jpg

The right side decklid is straight at the bottom but has a noticeably larger gap side to side
rightsidetail.jpg

2) Rear right side of the bumper, the clips are not snapping up to the body panel. There is a gap there and I can actually see the clips in there and when I push up on the bumper I hear the clips click but they dont grab and it falls back down.

Here's the left side, fitting nicely.
leftsidebumper.jpg

And here's the right side with a nice gap. As I said with better light you can actually see the clips in there and they're not connected. You can push up on the panel and it will click but it does not stay.
rightsidebumper.jpg

3) The hood alignment is quite bad too. There are large gaps on each side above the headlights. It looks just like the first picture of this thread. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/fit-and-finish-3083.html

Here's how high the fender sits above the hood. If you push it down it then lines up perfect with the hood both vertically and horizontally. This is just shoddy work from Ford.
rightquarterpanel.jpg

headlight.jpg

I just wanted to let everyone know who's shopping to go over these cars for panel alignment issues. I have contacted my local dealer and HOPE they can resolve these quickly on my 48 hour old purchase.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Good luck. Keep us posted. That sucks since they keep selling on the quality of the fit and finish improvements now.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Updated with pictures. I took it in and they took pictures to send to Ford and get "approval" to fix it. Ford better not give me grief on this, its obvious that someone was NOT doing their job in quality control. I also looked at the other 2 cars on the lot and one of them the hood was a huge gap on one side and flush on the other.

Dcrypter

Established Member
This car was one of the initial stock orders right? I haven't heard of any of the retail customers having issues with the body panel fit yet.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Retail car yes I bought it off the lot, not an order.

If you look on your window sticker it will say your blend(build) date. Anything with a build date before the middle of October has a higher chance of body fit issues as compared to orders built after the middle of October which is when retail(custom) orders started going into production. Before then it was all the initial stock orders which are also the cars that had the recalls on them.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When i see this crap i can see why almost all of our manufacturing jobs were moved overseas. $30 an hour per man/woman and this shoddy shit ...totally unacceptable !!!!

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
If you look on your window sticker it will say your blend(build) date. Anything with a build date before the middle of October has a higher chance of body fit issues as compared to orders built after the middle of October which is when retail(custom) orders started going into production. Before then it was all the initial stock orders which are also the cars that had the recalls on them.

The sticker on the door says 9/14

Dcrypter

Established Member
The sticker on the door says 9/14

Yeah you are one of the job #1 orders. Everything with a build date on or after 10/21 is more likely to not have those problems.

That said, Ford should take care of you. I had some of the plastic trim on the inside of my '12 mustang start coming off a couple months after I got it and Ford took care of it immediately.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeah you are one of the job #1 orders. Everything with a build date on or after 10/21 is more likely to not have those problems.

That said, Ford should take care of you. I had some of the plastic trim on the inside of my '12 mustang start coming off a couple months after I got it and Ford took care of it immediately.

My retail order built on 10/21 has the trunk alignment issue.

Dcrypter

Established Member
My retail order built on 10/21 has the trunk alignment issue.

Yeah they are getting better but they're not 100% yet. It seems like it has been less of a problem the more that get built.

I will be able to report on mine in a couple weeks so I will be sure to complain to my dealer immediately if I find anything haha

02 WIFE

Established Member
When i see this crap i can see why almost all of our manufacturing jobs were moved overseas. $30 an hour per man/woman and this shoddy shit ...totally unacceptable !!!!

Don't blame bad ford quality on the workers. Machines do most of the assembly those problems will be corrected.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I got word from the shop today that Ford approved fixing everything thankfully. They ordered a new bumper bracket and as soon as it comes in they'll get on it.

Users who are viewing this thread