Some Quality Control Issues on the 2015's

impactblue

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415942963.725715.jpgapparently my hood opens and closes itself randomly while I drive. Over and over again

MysticRob

Established Member
You guys complaining about the machines will be first on the list for death camp visits when Skynet takes over. Ford should be ashamed letting some of these things get out the door, but I can't say I'm surprised with first runs of a first model year car. I'll never buy a first year car for this same reason.

old_goat

Established Member
When i see this crap i can see why almost all of our manufacturing jobs were moved overseas. $30 an hour per man/woman and this shoddy shit ...totally unacceptable !!!!

Typical american cars. This is the norm.

I blame the UAW.

Yet you guys are here in a Mustang forum. The Mustang is about as all-American as you will find.

There's always Kia, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, etc. for you guys to buy, but don't expect a 12.8 second bone stock car for $31,000.

It's inherent that on any car that most of us can afford, there will be issues. Nobody is forcing you guys to buy a Mustang.

Yeti

This is a fact Travis! Several had the cats welded it backwards and lots of the earlier cars flopped QC and will never see the dealership. The first few months of production did not go that smooth.

My Mustang must have been one of the early QC failures as it never made it. They told me that it was destroyed at the factory level. Wonder how many earned a similar fate?

Corwin Senchuk

Looked hard to find a 2015 Mustang but seeing the panel alignment issues in majority of them turned me off and bought a 2013 instead which has very little issues of QC compared to the 2015 I have seen. Found the exact 2015 car I wanted but went to go see it and hood, rear bumper, door alignment issues and had paint defects also. Felt to major of defects for a dealership to fix properly. Sales guy pretty much thought hey your buying a ford not a 100,000 BMW, went across street to Mazada dealer to see the new CX-3 and wow for 20,000 you can get a car with perfect alignment of panels and also a perfect paint job.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
1st year run cars I always stay away from on any car. i bought an 06 lexus is 350 back then 1st year run the car had like 8 recalls. Bought my 2012 mustang gt 2nd year run of the 5.0 not a single issue with it. Now its completely modded and still no issues! The 16 mustang quality should be much better!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Looked hard to find a 2015 Mustang but seeing the panel alignment issues in majority of them turned me off and bought a 2013 instead which has very little issues of QC compared to the 2015 I have seen. Found the exact 2015 car I wanted but went to go see it and hood, rear bumper, door alignment issues and had paint defects also. Felt to major of defects for a dealership to fix properly. Sales guy pretty much thought hey your buying a ford not a 100,000 BMW, went across street to Mazada dealer to see the new CX-3 and wow for 20,000 you can get a car with perfect alignment of panels and also a perfect paint job.

The biggest issue I have seen is that the panel tolerance on the S550 seems to be much greater than the S197. This allows for much more adjustability of the panels in the newer cars and far more margin of error while mounting.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Only issue mine had was the drivers fender was a little off so the hood gap was uneven and too close by the headlight. Pointed it out to my salesman and they fixed the gap while I was signing papers.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I blame the UAW.
When ever there is a new vehicle / body change, it envolves new tooling & launch teams. It's a slow starting process. You can blame upper management for setting unrealistic target dates. That's why they say to not buy the first model year or at least wait 6 months till they get the bugs out. Granted a lot of the first cars go to the crusher...

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
The 16 mustang quality should be much better!

Stopped by my local dealer that has a 2016 Shadow Black PP GT and same QA issues persist. Here are a few shots I took. It was raining so paint issues weren't visible

BACK WINDSHIELD STILL CROOKED: (better than some but still cocked. Follow the line on the brake light and you can see)

7whbbPn.jpg

Fender to hood alignment is jacked:

gW5lJ53.jpg

SHJ0vPM.jpg

I MAINLY went to see if Ford has addressed the stamping issue of the metal that creates unsightly waves over the drivers side rear wheel

rSuiwOx.jpg

but it was pouring down rain so I bailed. LOL

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Not good !! You know that guy at the end of the line that is suppose to check the fit and finish***Fire Him****!!!

KonaFifty

Established Member
the back windshield looks better than when it first came out, but it is still there. how about the passenger side door? did you check how close the panels were compared to the driver's side? and the trunk alignment?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its an amazing car no doubt but they better get this cleaned up quickly before the new camaro comes out, otherwise theylle be giving the sales lead back to chevy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread