Suggestions needed

Michael Caldwell

Established Member
My 04 terminator cobra needs a new clutch and throw-out bearing. The is stock as of right now but working to build it. I'm new to cobras so I'm looking for suggestions on what clutch I should buy to replace it I'm looking to build it to make 700hp. Any suggestions with a link to the clutch bearing kit would be very helpful thank you.

cj428mach

Established Member
Do it once and do it right. Centerforce DYAD i love mine, no issues that the rxt has.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Mccloud RXT twin disk I’m running over 700hp daily with it and have no issues

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

zredfire04

Established Member
the issue with twin discs is that the extra weight of the second disc will wear out the blocking rings in the trans faster.

if you can find a single disc clutch that will actually hold the power, that's the best choice IMO. mcleod street extreme is rated for 700hp, but some people claim it won't hold at that power level.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Still zero issues with the RXT in my car. Holding 714/680 wheel going on nine years. I’d say that’s doing it pretty “right” for the initial cost, sub $1k

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
My 04 terminator cobra needs a new clutch and throw-out bearing. The is stock as of right now but working to build it. I'm new to cobras so I'm looking for suggestions on what clutch I should buy to replace it I'm looking to build it to make 700hp. Any suggestions with a link to the clutch bearing kit would be very helpful thank you.

You don't need to spend big coin on a dual-disc clutch (and the correct spelling of "McLeod" should be a prerequisite for anyone recommending it). Look at Centerforce, especially the DF line. They are quiet, do not chatter, and grab! Have one behind my built engine with a 2.3 Whipple and it has been perfect since mile #1.

Here's a bunch of info, plus a lot more on the site if you are new to the car: Drivetrain

Michael Caldwell

Established Member
You don't need to spend big coin on a dual-disc clutch (and the correct spelling of "McLeod" should be a prerequisite for anyone recommending it). Look at Centerforce, especially the DF line. They are quiet, do not chatter, and grab! Have one behind my built engine with a 2.3 Whipple and it has been perfect since mile #1.

Here's a bunch of info, plus a lot more on the site if you are new to the car: Drivetrain
Thank you I really appreciate that

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Well written info on your linked 'Drivetrain' web page, Joe!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

How much hp/tq are you making? I looked at your mod list and saw 60lb inj....sounds like you are running pump gas. I know from experience a 2.3 whipple on pump gas is no comparison to one running ethanol with full tilt timing and boost across the rev band, and is a lot more of a torture test for a clutch

If that DF has been holding over 700 wheel for a long duration of time, I'd be impressed

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Not an rst, 3000 miles 500 of them on break in. three times at the track and it’s junk. Ported blower and nitrous made a bitch out of that clutch. Going to try the rxt next.

Users who are viewing this thread