Terminator Swap Questions

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
After the deal I got on the blower to oil pan engine, I am doing a complete Terminator Swap/Build and have a good deal of questions.

Overall plans are 600ish with a Teksid Block, slight head work , cams, and most likely a TVS on 93 and an E85 tune.

This is going in a 96 Cobra. I already got the wiring headlight to taillight, ECU, and cluster (minus door harnesses) from an 03 Cobra. I will pick up 99-04 door harnesses. I already have the Dark Charcoal interior.

I also bought an ABS module from the 03. I know I need the hard brake lines, I found a repro set online for $300 that I plan on buying, I am doing a 99-04 8.8 SRA. I will upgrade the front brakes and have NOS rear calipers. What else will I need brake wise for the car? I assume I use the 99-04 braided lines. Is that correct?

Cooling:
I planned on upgrading to a Fluidyne. Do I get one for a 96? Or are there issues due to connections that make me need an 03-04 one? I plan on redoing the intercooler lines to route for a cleaner look. Anyone have recommendations on what tubing to use? Any recommendations for an upgraded HE? I did not get one.

A/C:
Can I use the 96 line and heater core? Or do I need to go with the 99-04 setup? Do I need the 03-04 Cobra specific stuff?

Fuel System:
I am going to obviously do a return fuel system, do I need to mount a FPDM if I am running a return system?

That is all the current questions I have. I am certain more will arise as I go. I know this has been done before but not all threads came over in the migration so searching turns up a lot of non existent threads.

Sent from Josh's sparkly pocket

Last edited:

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Well it sounds like you already have most of you're ducks in a row.
I did my 04 swap-engine only- after I bought the coil on plug harness it was pretty much plug and play.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I would use my stock ECU and wiring but the cost to swap wiring, ECU, and other things is cheaper than risking an engine.

Any A/C line issues with your swap?

Sent from Dr. Krieger's Lab

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
What sucks is all the good stickies on here and other forums seem to all not work or the documents/pictures are gone.

Sent from Dr. Krieger's Lab

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I did an AC delete. It worked out pretty well for me on the first start up due to the old tune in the ECU & having a centrifugal supercharger in the past.

Last edited:

humbro19

Established Member
Awesome and good luck man. I don't have much to contribute at this time. I bought KWClutch's old car a couple years ago now and I'm trying to clean up the goofiness at the moment as well.

humbro19

Established Member
One thing I did do is buy a Mishimoto radiator for it. Part number was: MMRAD-MUS-97B. Normally $450 but found one BNIB on Amazon for $295 from Royal Parts. Fits amazingly.

cbrown9064

Established Member
Just did the cooling system TSB on my 96 (found a kick ass deal on a NOS TSB kit). The 97 and up radiators are wider than the 1996. You need to move the lower mounts. Also hood prop rod, fan, condenser, wiring harness, AC lines and support rod for overflow tank are different 96 to 97.

So, if the TSB has not been done to your 96 you will need to move the lower mounts. Easiest way to tell if the TSB has bee done, is the lower mounts will be riveted on instead of spot welded.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Why are you switching brakes? The 96 stuff is the same quality of the 03 stuff.

No you done need the 04 A/C stuff. I used my 98 when I did the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread