The 2018 Mustang is Here - Full Details Inside

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
different colors and angles the front isnt so bad but I agree about the hood, from what Ive seen it just looks off. I like what they did to the rear

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
For me it is the front splitter that kills it. I don't think it goes down far enough to match the lower lines of the car.

10splaya22

Established Member
Yesterday after seeing the leaked video I hated the front end. The new official pictures and additional videos today have me liking the design more but I definitely don't love it.

Love the Mag ride, dual mode exhaust/quad tips, twin disc clutch, revised suspension, LED lighting, and new 4S tires. Definitely good updates there.

Interior is interested. I was very surprised by the all digital cluster. I think thats a great addition and so many customizable options should be cool. Worried to see how much all these extra options will cost however.

Overall I think the update is great and more than I expected but still not in love with the front end. I think it will grow on me as it already has in 24 hours.

o2gt

Established Member
So a few "easter eggs" I'm betting on for the next GT500 (not sure if this has been posted anywhere else):
7th gear at 55mph = 755hp
289 miles = 4.8 V8
11:17:11 = 11/11/17 is when we'll know more about it
And for fun, I like the mileage :)
i think you might be on to something the milage is 1964.5 certainly a meaningful date in mustang history.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Yesterday after seeing the leaked video I hated the front end. The new official pictures and additional videos today have me liking the design more but I definitely don't love it.

Love the Mag ride, dual mode exhaust/quad tips, twin disc clutch, revised suspension, LED lighting, and new 4S tires. Definitely good updates there.

Interior is interested. I was very surprised by the all digital cluster. I think thats a great addition and so many customizable options should be cool. Worried to see how much all these extra options will cost however.

Overall I think the update is great and more than I expected but still not in love with the front end. I think it will grow on me as it already has in 24 hours.
Welcome to the $60k Mustang GT lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Time for some more pics:

2018_Mustang_Press_Release_03.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_04.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_05.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_06.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_10.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_11.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_12.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_13.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_14.jpg
2018_Mustang_Press_Release_15.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Overall, I like it. Improved interior. Subtle exterior changes. I like the Orange Fury paint, too. The new 12" screen is a hit. Ford is evolving the Mustang platform positively IMO. Not all that surprising that Ford is yanking the 3.7 V6, since they're pushing their EcoBoost engines. A 310hp/320tq 2.3 EcoBoost isn't shabby at all. The 10-speed auto is going to be a big hit IMO.

nate714

Established Member
I'm waiting for the day that somebody produces a better looking car than the 2013 GT500 and GT. The Roush body bits make the s550 look close to as good, but not quite. The 2018 looks like a step in the wrong direction, but I'll wait until I see it in person and see what the aftermarket can do with it.

I think the way Ford is evolving the Mustang is so that it looks appropriately soft and "sleek" when it gets it's hybrid options in 2020.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Looks like a nice improvement, Mustangs get better every year. Every time a new model comes out some like it, others don't, I remember when the new edge Mustangs came out in 99, people said they hated it and look what happened.

The only problem with all the technology the price goes up, now Mustangs are not cheap cars anymore. I do believe they are still a good value for the performance they deliver. Good job Ford!

Dusten

Established Member
So a few "easter eggs" I'm betting on for the next GT500 (not sure if this has been posted anywhere else):
7th gear at 55mph = 755hp
289 miles = 4.8 V8
11:17:11 = 11/11/17 is when we'll know more about it
And for fun, I like the mileage :)

Edit: I see HISSMAN said pretty much the same thing.
289 is just as easily a throwback to the old mustang v8.

rancid

Established Member
The front-side shots of the bumper makes it look like it has chin fat (yes, weird analogy). I really had planned to pick up a 2018, but I will definitely see if I can find a good deal on a 2017 in grabber blue. I foresee the new orange color selling well.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Spec-wise, the Mustang keeps getting better and better. Certainly even more refined. Moving further from the American muscle-car look. Maybe too much. The front fascia looks crisper, but more complicated...like they were trying too hard. Too much going on. Will have to see it in person. I find digital speedos and tacs really distracting. Give me gauges and knobs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thehunterooo

Established Member
I wonder is the gauge cluster is swappable with some work. 10 spd auto would be a nice upgrade if it is an easy swap. Can't wait for some wrecked cars hahaha.

Now what changes for the 2020 Mustang, new body again? Might carry over the same upgraded 5.0. I have a feeling the electric/hybrid Mustang will replace hole the V6 "left" and fit into the slot between the eco and 5.0.

I also have a feeling this 10 spd auto will also be in the GT500 as well which seems likely for the 2018 and 2019 model years. On other hand what happens to the GT350 for 2018 upgrade/facelift wise.

thehunterooo

Established Member
I think the HP bump actually might be a bit higher than that.

DI could be worth 5-10HP and a point of compression is worth 4%, not including the raised RPM and the bigger valves.

This could be a 475hp car.

Yeah it is hard to tell the PP 10 spd car should run toe to toe with the Scat pack and SS now though. I wonder how much of a difference there is between the 8 spd and 10 spd transmissions. They will be faster in a straight line than a GT350 though or pretty close.

I am going to guess 460/420.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I wonder is the gauge cluster is swappable with some work. 10 spd auto would be a nice upgrade if it is an easy swap. Can't wait for some wrecked cars hahaha.

Now what changes for the 2020 Mustang, new body again? Might carry over the same upgraded 5.0. I have a feeling the electric/hybrid Mustang will replace hole the V6 "left" and fit into the slot between the eco and 5.0.

I also have a feeling this 10 spd auto will also be in the GT500 as well which seems likely for the 2018 and 2019 model years. On other hand what happens to the GT350 for 2018 upgrade/facelift wise.
I can tell you now that trying to swap electronic parts on new cars is going to be a nightmare if not impossible. Just trying to add HID lamps from a car that offers them in a higher trim model in newer cars usually requires the entire engine harness. When you start messing with stuff behind the dash you are looking at harnesses that cost upwards of a grand and which probably wont even work with the ECU since settings in the cluster will adjust the magnetic dambers which will be controlled by the ECU. In short, it's not going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread