The NEW MMR RTS and STR intake manifolds for 96/98 Cobra or Lincoln Mark 8 B heads>>

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It is finally here! The MMR RTS (RTS= RPM- Turbo - Supercharger) and STR (Street n/a) manifold. The new RTS has been in the making and testing for 3 years and has shown huge gains when used in Forced induction applications, primarily due to its short runner and large plenum.

The B head has long been known to insiders to be one of the highest flowing heads available, its downfall was lack of available manifolds, this has all changed now and the "step child" B head is pushed back to the top of the pack!

MMR RTS Manifold Specs:
100% US Made
1" Thick Mounting Flange for zero warp fit!
4.8" Runner Length (perfect for high RPM , Turbos or superchargers) 7" for STR
Tapered runners to increase velocity @ low RPM
16lbs lighter than factory Manifold
Deletes IMRC runner controls and keeps ports clean
Huge Gains on N/A (high RPM), turbo and S/C application
Accepts factory TB and Cable
Accepts factory or aftermarket fuel Rails
Clears Factory Hood
Incudes all factory vacume provisions (not shown- on rear of manifold)
Uses Factory Cylinder head to manifold Gaskets
Will support up to 2000 HP in forced induction applications and 850+ in N/A and Nitrous applications
Outflows HCI Intake by over 18% per cylinder!
Runner angle maintained from plenum to cylinder head for perfect port angle and transition

Retail $1699 RTS (limited time introductory offer)

Options:

Remote IAC kit $79.99

IMG_0104.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

mms_picture-2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is a dyno sheet attached, unfortunately he did not have a before test because it was a new combination (in a 93 notchback) but we will continue adding them as we and our customers test some different combinations. So far our testing has been great for the s/c cars, the n/a cars will pick up on peak HP but will loose some torque down low which is to be expected with an aggresive short runner such as this.

We will keep the dyno sheets coming so stay tuned!

MMR%20Domination%20ad.JPG

Last edited:

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Not looking to get one now, but when I equip the engine with a more aggressive set-up, will look into this. Subscribing.

uofipilot

Established Member
1400 seems a bit steep to gain a bit of peak hp (where the SN doesn't really need it) and lose some low end torque (where they do need it). Looks to be a home run for the FI crowd though.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Well..do you have any graph comparisons on any of the engines you put these manifolds on?? If so, what are the specs on the engines used for comparison?

I'm just curious, because if you are claiming huge gains..I would assume you had graphs to compare?

673hp/557tq w/ 23psi just doesn't sound extremely impressive. and to have the power fall off so fast after peak as well.

P.S. My intent is to not 'bash' or be rude, I am just genuinely looking for answers and data ...it is so easy to be skeptical of $1k+ manifolds when information is so hard to come by.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry , didnt mean to skip over your post, I just handle the advertising here, I have forwarded your request to the tech dept. If you need a quicker answer or if you have tech question please feel free to call, we are always here to help.

Cari
MMR

94venomV8

Established Member
I would of definitely considered this intake, but the lack of before and after dyno's are whats held me back. Any company that sells a product this expensive lets you know a ballpark figure. Please get the before and after info up ASAP and I bet you may have more sales.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would of definitely considered this intake, but the lack of before and after dyno's are whats held me back. Any company that sells a product this expensive lets you know a ballpark figure. Please get the before and after info up ASAP and I bet you may have more sales.

We have released quite a few before and after #'s but we have been letting our customers results speak for themselves, mainly becuase there are so many combos and different results, most of the cars we have tested have picked up 38-45 peak HP with only minor torque loss below 3000 rpm (less than 9hp in a foced induction application) Simply put they work but the results vary as with an modification. We will be trying to get some before and after dyno's posted up soon of some more common combos so stay tuned, thank you!

You also mentioned a product "this expensive", as a fyi a new intake from ford with fuel sells for what this item is selling for, a full sheetmetal manifold such as this usally cost $2999 through a company like Hogan, again just a comparison to put price into perspective and in no way a argument.

If you have questions regarding your specific combo please call me, I would be happy to take some time with you and tell you the advantages and disadvantages.

Mark

MMR

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
I understand and I am not disputing the price but simply saying to drop the cash I need more info. Could you please direct me to where the info your talking is that you released with the dyno numbers of setup's? I havent seen any before and after dyno numbers except the guy on corral that made the thread, but we know how that thread turned out so lets not go there lol.

Reason I am asking is I keep hearing how this is so good for FI motors, I currently am putting a turbo and built motor in my car and would like to know a approx. amount of gain I could see over the stock intake. Obviously there is variability and I am not asking for exact numbers but could you at least give me a ball park of what I would gain on the car, here are some details

Built shortblock, ported heads with FR500 valvetrain and valves, 9:1 comp., 70mm turbo with .96A/R @ about 20psi, No A/C to turn, full fuel system, blah blah blah. With that being said its a pretty common setup really so what could I expect over the stock intake? I would also like to know peak as well as down low loss/gain.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
We have released quite a few before and after #'s

I have looked and failed to find the graphs you are speaking of.. :shrug:

most of the cars we have tested have picked up 38-45 peak HP

Again I ask...what kind of cars/engines were these tested on??

I'm sorry, I am trying to find answers, but for months all I get are the same roundabout answers...

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think you mis-understood (no big deal), we did not say anything about our own dynographs above ?? We said we have released a bunch of OUR before and after #'s (not graphs) and we would be releasing our customers before and afters graphs. (IE the 97 Cobra here recently, owned by a local customer) this car with nothing more than the RTS made 49 more peak HP at 6900 RPM, these findings were added to some of the forums. This car lost less than 12 HP down low and peaked at just over 600 @ 14psi. This is just one of many cars that we have tested, again we have decided to not post our graphs because there are simply to many variables. A short runner manifold is not rocket science, they simply move the powerband upwards , just like a camshaft. You mention the thread on corral, we were actually somewhat pleased with this thread, and suprised that this intake was put on such a mild n/a combo and still made more HP. As you can imaginge if a mild n/a combo picks up 19 peak HP, imagine if you will how the manifold does when used in the proper way it was designed (for heavily modified n/a apllication in that customers case with the STR) or a supercharged or turbo charged version with the RTS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

For those that have not seen some of the other threads this intake will produce 40-50 more HP on most Forced induction cobra's making in the 550-650 range, this HP comes from the higher flowing shorter runners and our IMRC deleted design. This product has been so well tested (by us and our customers ) , and we stand behind this product so strongly that would offer a full refund (once the product was returned of course) for any customer that did not make the #'s we claim (of course with a proper tune)!

MMR

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
I think you mis-understood (no big deal), we did not say anything about our own dynographs above ?? We said we have released a bunch of OUR before and after #'s (not graphs) and we would be releasing our customers before and afters graphs. (IE the 97 Cobra here recently, owned by a local customer) this car with nothing more than the RTS made 49 more peak HP at 6900 RPM, these findings were added to some of the forums. This car lost less than 12 HP down low and peaked at just over 600 @ 14psi. This is just one of many cars that we have tested, again we have decided to not post our graphs because there are simply to many variables. A short runner manifold is not rocket science, they simply move the powerband upwards , just like a camshaft. You mention the thread on corral, we were actually somewhat pleased with this thread, and suprised that this intake was put on such a mild n/a combo and still made more HP. As you can imaginge if a mild n/a combo picks up 19 peak HP, imagine if you will how the manifold does when used in the proper way it was designed (for heavily modified n/a apllication in that customers case with the STR) or a supercharged or turbo charged version with the RTS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

For those that have not seen some of the other threads this intake will produce 40-50 more HP on most Forced induction cobra's making in the 550-650 range, this HP comes from the higher flowing shorter runners and our IMRC deleted design. This product has been so well tested (by us and our customers ) , and we stand behind this product so strongly that would offer a full refund (once the product was returned of course) for any customer that did not make the #'s we claim (of course with a proper tune)!

MMR

This post is where I have the problem. Even with a FI motor that is making 600hp its still losing 12 hp down low which by down low I assume you mean below 6000rpm. As my car is a street car can you explain why it would be smart of me to spend that money on something that will lose power in the range that the car will be in 99.9% of the time. I am trying to have you sell me on it, but just can't justify spending that cash on something that will lose power (even on the street version) where I like to have the power at. I am never going to spin my motor to 8000 rpm's and when you think about it these motors rev pretty fast so the time the motor will even be in the 6000-7000 range will be a second at most. I am not trying to get in a pissing match but would really just like good info on it as there arent many options for these cars. Is there any version you offer that will not lose power? It seems that NASVT's graphs dont lose any power down low but still pick up the power up top like yours. And his intakes are 1/3 the cost of yours.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This post is where I have the problem. Even with a FI motor that is making 600hp its still losing 12 hp down low which by down low I assume you mean below 6000rpm. As my car is a street car can you explain why it would be smart of me to spend that money on something that will lose power in the range that the car will be in 99.9% of the time. I am trying to have you sell me on it, but just can't justify spending that cash on something that will lose power (even on the street version) where I like to have the power at. I am never going to spin my motor to 8000 rpm's and when you think about it these motors rev pretty fast so the time the motor will even be in the 6000-7000 range will be a second at most. I am not trying to get in a pissing match but would really just like good info on it as there arent many options for these cars. Is there any version you offer that will not lose power? It seems that NASVT's graphs dont lose any power down low but still pick up the power up top like yours. And his intakes are 1/3 the cost of yours.

We would be happy to answer your question, firstly is it a n/a or forced induction?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member

Used FR500 intake manifold. Sounds perfect for you [and 99% of everyone else in these forums]

94venomV8

Established Member
Used FR500 intake manifold. Sounds perfect for you [and 99% of everyone else in these forums]

Aren't they for C heads? Either way I want a front mount TB and my custom one is coming along but if it doesnt make power like I want its always good to have options ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread