The NEW MMR RTS and STR intake manifolds for 96/98 Cobra or Lincoln Mark 8 B heads>>

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Used FR500 intake manifold. Sounds perfect for you [and 99% of everyone else in these forums]

We couldnt agree more (at least as far as n/a engines are concerned) The STR (which is our n/a manifold) is designed for serious street cras where the factory manifold (even if ported) is a restriction (this is usually around 400+), a combination that would suit the STR or vice sersa is a high compression (11.5 +), Big cams (.500 + lift and long duration), stroker or BB.

For those that are saying that the losses are where I drive the car everyday, this is true, but no different than installing a big cam on the same engine..there will be losses on the bottom and big gains on the top.

At the end of the day it is important to select the correct intake for your application, this manifold is not for the mild street car that most drive, the point is even when used on an incorrect application this manifold has made more peak power, that doesnt mean it is a great intake or even a bad intake, it just means that there is a place for this intake when used the way it was intended (serious n/a cars and forced induction applications) , a great example is drag race application where bottom end is not a concern on the street but beating the guy next to him at the track is (in an enviroment where the gains far outweigh the minor losses)- and this is the choice any person makes when choosing any cams or intakes.

We are always here to help and if someone would like to see if this intake will benefit their own particular needs we are always here to discuss them!

MMR

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I gave you all the stuff on my car in an above post last paragraph a few up.

In your case there is no better intake on the market than this one and we guarantee this - your application is what it was built for, most of this discussion has been regarding using this intake or the STR intake in a n/a application not a Turbo application such as yours. We can do a front mount TB for you , it adds $150 to the price.

Our guarantee stands on this type of application and you will be very happy with it!

MMR

94venomV8

Established Member
In your case there is no better intake on the market than this one and we guarantee this - your application is what it was built for, most of this discussion has been regarding using this intake or the STR intake in a n/a application not a Turbo application such as yours. We can do a front mount TB for you , it adds $150 to the price.

Our guarantee stands on this type of application and you will be very happy with it!

MMR

What type of gains could I expect with this setup I gave you. Taking the variables out of it (since you know the exact motor its going on) what could I expect over the stocker?

94venomV8

Established Member
Also I can't help but notice your thread right above this for head porting and intake spacer. You clearly give horsepower gains in that thread as "stage 1- 25hp" so would it not be correct to consider different variable in setup's with head porting like you are when releasing numbers about this intake? That is why I am so skeptical, usually when companies see big gains they aren't afraid to say as that is what sells the product. But when companies say we will let the customers speak about it, and then no customers come back with graphs or anything saying how great it was over the stocker, it is a little scary to spend that money when I have only seen one guy post up graphs and he didnt even compare it to the stock. IIRC you said you guys have sold hundreds of these intakes, if that is true then why are your "customers" holding back the HUGE gains they received from your product?

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Also I can't help but notice your thread right above this for head porting and intake spacer. You clearly give horsepower gains in that thread as "stage 1- 25hp" so would it not be correct to consider different variable in setup's with head porting like you are when releasing numbers about this intake? That is why I am so skeptical, usually when companies see big gains they aren't afraid to say as that is what sells the product. But when companies say we will let the customers speak about it, and then no customers come back with graphs or anything saying how great it was over the stocker, it is a little scary to spend that money when I have only seen one guy post up graphs and he didnt even compare it to the stock. IIRC you said you guys have sold hundreds of these intakes, if that is true then why are your "customers" holding back the HUGE gains they received from your product?

See my response to their thread about the head porting and intake spacer.

duane v

Established Member
Mr. Modular Racing

I'm ready to purchase, but your website doesn't list the (7" for STR
Tapered runners to increase velocity @ low RPM)
:??:

The 7" runner bread box style intake would be perfect for my application and the price ($1299) is absolutely at a great price point....

Please respond:rockon:

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Do they come with the Cobra style plate ive sen some with just an mmr badge if i do it i want the cobra badge

94venomV8

Established Member
Sorry it took me this long to respond. I totally forgot Bout this thread. I may try this intake however since you garauntee it I M going to get good dyne numbers as well as 1/4 mile time on the car so that way if I am spending this money I can have a base to what i gain. I now changed my combo as well, it is now a 76mm turbo instead of 70mm. I am not doubting that it will gain power but if I do spend the $1300 and it gains 2hp you could see where I would be pissed off. I guess its a waiting game for now, and trust me I am always down to make as much out of my combo as possible. But here is the last question... What can I look for as far as turbo spool? Would it spool faster or slower with the short runners?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sure, we tottally understand your concerns, this manifold will pick up 10 RWHP on a mild N/a Car, we have yet to see a forced induction car make less than 25RWHP ! Spool time will not be affected enough to tell a difference.

MMR

98fourvalve

Established Member
Question about the STR.

Why after all this time is there not any dyno graphs of like before after, or at least something to back up the claims of gains? Thats like intake selling 101. The one that is the most marketable is the one with 0 information out on it and from what I've seen about the RTS on boosted applications I'm not impressed and just further makes the STR questionable.

I know a few people who at one point wanted one but 1300 is a lot to just chance on hearsay. Ended up creating their own PSR.

I'm also sure this question has been asked many times , I've even asked on a different forum and got nothing. But chances are this will get ignored too.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Question about the STR.

Why after all this time is there not any dyno graphs of like before after, or at least something to back up the claims of gains? Thats like intake selling 101. The one that is the most marketable is the one with 0 information out on it and from what I've seen about the RTS on boosted applications I'm not impressed and just further makes the STR questionable.

I know a few people who at one point wanted one but 1300 is a lot to just chance on hearsay. Ended up creating their own PSR.

I'm also sure this question has been asked many times , I've even asked on a different forum and got nothing. But chances are this will get ignored too.

Quite simply because there are so many combinations that will reflect differently on the dyno. Short runner manifolds are not rocket science, they will ALWAYS produce more PEAK HP. Some members on the other forums had actually posted a dyno graph of the RTS on a n/a vehicle, bare in mind the RTS was not designed for n/a yet it still produced 9 more peak HP (yes it had losses in other areas)

Simply put the manifold will make more HP when used in the correct application, for forced induction applications it is a no brainer and one of the reasons it has been selling so well for us.

Motorsports is about testing, tuning and development on not only the manufacturing end but on the consumer end to see what works best with their own comination. Feel free to call one of our reps anytime to discuss what will work best for you. If we feel it is not right for your combination we will tell you, after all, it does us no good having you call us to tell us that you are unhappy with it!

We look forward to helping you!

MMR

98fourvalve

Established Member
That still doesn't really tell me anything. You claim the STR intake is for an N/a motor. which is very easy to do. Not exactly hard to show what it will do on an N/A motor which you claim it's designed for. Yet it always goes back to the RTS discussion for some reason. Trust me I understand all combo's are different but come on. Yet to see any results for any combo.

Above you said that the STR would pick up 10hp on a mild N/a car. How do you know? To claim that you must have done some testing. All I'm asking is for some test results of the STR instead of the RTS. I ask about the STR and get redundant info about the RTS. Reminds me of the few times I've called. Nevermind, forget I asked.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Question about the STR.

I would go with my gut on this one. No dyno sheets after this long means not all that much power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread