Those interested in the new GT500,....

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
5.0 twin turbo on the Revised 2018 model. 755 hp.

The good news is the Bullitt is back for the 50th year model production run....The "Rock" video from Ford showed the Poster on the back wall with one. We will see.
I hope they don't waste their time on a silly Bullitt mustang. They need to do it right and come out with a Mach1 or a Cobra or a GT350. Even a Grande, atleast that has heritage.

mike69440

Established Member
It's gonna be a 5.2 CPC supercharged 755HP.

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/OurCompany/NewsEvents/NewsReleases/PCT_2891540

http://www.stangtv.com/features/sema-coverage/sema-2016-eaton-introduces-new-tvs-r2650-supercharger/

Seems like Eaton has learned a thing or two since the days of the Heaton on the 03!

Now this new blower has SAE durability certification and is just the right size at 12-14 psi boost on a 5.0/5.2 CPC.
With some block and internal beefing and the 10 Speed Auto, should be a nice ride.

All that remains is car going on a diet.

This makes for a strong business case on a short production run vehicle.
Just Speculation, what do I know?
I just don't think it is the V6 Ecoboost's time just yet in a Stang.

Last edited:

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I hated being a ford lover back in way early 2000's before the 03/04 came out. I had a 98 GT and then an 02 GT then to a 99 Cobra. All were dogs if you lined up against a z28, a SS, or a WS6. I lost every time. Now I don't race like I used to but I'm getting the same feeling as I did back then that ford is letting Chevy and Dodge own the muscle car war again. I hope I'm wrong and they come out with a bang with the New GT500 soon.

TFStang

Established Member
Hope Ford is paying attention. They are in a position now where they can take the crown, or let someone else be king. I hope they surprise everyone with a monster!

stangfreak

Established Member
yup. This is a good time for ford to release a terminator 2.0. That new tvs on a 5.2 with this new technology should be bad ass.

guarnibl

Established Member
I've been pretty underwhelmed on the Ford front lately overall unfortunately. I don't really go to the track/strip anymore anyways, so it kind of feels pointless to me to have a RWD car with that much power when all I'm going to do is drive it on the street and using it is impossible. I'm slowly building the 01 but the engine hasn't died yet... so basically on hold until it does... even with 320 whp it's still fun. I wish Ford would release a control pack for the Voodoo engine, but doubt that'll happen.

That said, if Ford does a solid job with the '18 GT500 I'd probably buy one if I could get one at sticker, assuming it's in the $60's. Or maybe I'll just buy the '16 Boxster Spyder I've been eyeing lately.

Clemson

Established Member
I've been pretty underwhelmed on the Ford front lately overall unfortunately. I don't really go to the track/strip anymore anyways, so it kind of feels pointless to me to have a RWD car with that much power when all I'm going to do is drive it on the street and using it is impossible. I'm slowly building the 01 but the engine hasn't died yet... so basically on hold until it does... even with 320 whp it's still fun. I wish Ford would release a control pack for the Voodoo engine, but doubt that'll happen.

That said, if Ford does a solid job with the '18 GT500 I'd probably buy one if I could get one at sticker, assuming it's in the $60's. Or maybe I'll just buy the '16 Boxster Spyder I've been eyeing lately.
Agree. For starters, the look of the new stang is just.....well.....yea its not good. To me, there is just nothing appealing about it, other than its a bit lower slung than previous models. Im not one of these lame millennials that believes if its newer its better and got to have it. And as of now, the fastest stang on the market makes "only" around 550 hp. Not great when your competitors are making 650-800 and have a better looking design, at least in the Challenger.

Snoopy49

Established Member
French Canadian journalist posted this picture on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/antoinejou...247801919615/1889997694577955/?type=3&theater

GIANT hoodscoop. Lot's of rumors around a 7.0L engine in Boss configuration. This matches the previous credible (one of very few) rumors that Ford is working on a new big block.

Might be hope after all.

Ce qu'on croise sur les routes de l'Arizona ! Ford Shelby GT500 concept car !!!! Les gens de Ford en font actuellement l'essai en la comparant avec la Camaro ZL1.

What we see on the roads of Arizona! Ford Shelby GT500 concept car! The people of Ford is currently piloted by comparing it with the ZL1 Camaro.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Didn't ford shelve a 7.0l Dohc v8 in 2005-6 when they started the gt500 program? It was during the time when they shelved the IRS and that engine iirc.

Maybe they picked the idea back up and are going to run with it.

There were spy shots released today that showed a camouflaged gt350r (nose, hood, wheels, fenders etc) cruising with a zl1 (article didn't say if 6th or 5th gen, I'd hope they'd be employing a 6th gen).

Thing is, the hood on that gt350r had a power dome kind of similar to 2nd gen vipers. Low and sleek where it could be, but taller in the center.

A 7.0 v8 dohc would be a proverbial hp factory.

Lamborghini and Ferrari make 750-800hp na from 6.5L v12's. Ford could make a 700hp na v8 from 7L that would be very enjoyable at any rpm.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I found a 4th pic, it was cruising with a red 6th gen zl1.

This could be great. I love one upping people that are kicking that much ass. Regardless of any sh*t talk, if Ford can offer a product that matches or exceeds that car, we'll have an amazing car on our hands.

The zl1 is doing 11.5's@125-127 with magazine drivers, and kicks ass on circuits/grip stats. I just prefer the look and interior of the mustang.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It will be interesting to see how they will fit a 7.0L DOHC engine into the engine compartment on a 2018 Mustang.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Why? Randy has already stated the GT350 is better than the GT4 unless you simply want a vert.

Users who are viewing this thread