• Poll closed .

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Hey! You two need to keep it on topic.

giphy.webp

coposrv

Established Member
I don't know. If your going to be that close to work I'd consider not having a car at all or maybe at most a cheap beater to use on the weekends. Probably save a ton of money and hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
dont forget paying insurance for it sit there. check what the insurance rate for that expensive beast will be. and especially in that area.

my buddy had a gen 1 raptor he bought new. DD'd it. carried heavy pallets in the back all the time. did a ton of off roading in it (not jumping it like a maroon). carried his dirt bikes etc... i drove it off road. it was a blast. it hauls ass off road and stops on a dime on dirt. he put 100k on it and then a dealership came and bought it off him. squeaks and rattles and all

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I would say no. Unless you are going to pay for parking regardless. No taxes and $2K below MSRP savings will get eaten up very quickly by those parking cost. You won't likely make enough profit on resale to justify the hassle.

Is MAS not doing the lottery for this model year?

I have to agree with this. If you wont be driving it much I would say no just due to the parking charge. Unless you will be parking a vehicle anyways, if that is the case go for it!

nxhappy

Established Member
why not buy a clean used Raptor? If you buy a new one you are going to take it DEEP within the first 2 years. But hey, maybe you an afford it LOL .

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
why not buy a clean used Raptor? If you buy a new one you are going to take it DEEP within the first 2 years. But hey, maybe you an afford it LOL .

The same can be said with any vehicle, except Raptors are proven to hold their values better than most.

I paid $43k for my 2012 w/12k miles back in 02/2013. Kept it almost five years. Traded in with 91k miles and still got $28k.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The same can be said with any vehicle, except Raptors are proven to hold their values better than most.

I paid $43k for my 2012 w/12k miles back in 02/2013. Kept it almost five years. Traded in with 91k miles and still got $28k.

They are ridiculous, my boss sold his a few months ago and got 27K for his 2010 5.4 Raptor!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Raptors hold their value really well. Especially low mileage ones.

Users who are viewing this thread