Weekend Plans?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
7AB1C007-4187-4F3B-8131-297A7362BDD6.png
I was the only Raptor at C and C this morning. Took this pic at the end when everyone was leaving.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks good to me Brad.

Did laundry this morning, ran some errands. At work now easy OT. Only thirty more mins. Relax and beers tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My friend came out with his color swatches trying to match it, nope give me something close in a single stage. $60 for 1.5 quarts, reducer, a box of 320 da discs and some hardener even though a single stage doesn’t need it. That way I could wet sand if need be. Doubtful, I can paint with a gun.
I can paint too, but I wet sand after the clear cures and polish things to perfection.

I despise single stage paint. Most paint jobs today are metallic with pearl. Many of those jobs are a three stage paint with a color primer / sealer.

The only way I would use single stage is if the car was a classic, and was originally painted with lacquer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I can paint too, but I wet sand after the clear cures and polish things to perfection.

I despise single stage paint. Most paint jobs today are metallic with pearl. Many of those jobs are a three stage paint with a color primer / sealer.

The only way I would use single stage is if the car was a classic, and was originally painted with lacquer.

Brad, er Brad's truck is a classic.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I would've if I was keeping it Aaron. Still gonna wet sand and buff to lose the little bit of orange peel. It was way to hot to paint in the direct sun.
Brad, er Brad's truck is a classic.
Lol

usafimj

Established Member
Being stationed in Germany I get to travel Europe pretty cheap. I just spent $1599 for 5 days in Pula, Croatia which includes apartment, gas, food, and whatever else.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Where is that?

Larz Anderson Museum of transportation, just outside of Boston.

Www.mot.org

They were the first family in Boston to own a car at the turn of the century, and the stables became the carriage house, which is the building behind my truck.

The rest of the property was donated to the cities of Brookline and Newton, and from the top of the estate you can see the Boston skyline.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I painted this 67 Ford in the blazing sun one summer day in about 1976. And it looked it. At least it wasn't bondo colored anymore.

2014_02_08_19_49_290001.jpg

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Larz Anderson Museum of transportation, just outside of Boston.

Www.mot.org

They were the first family in Boston to own a car at the turn of the century, and the stables became the carriage house, which is the building behind my truck.

The rest of the property was donated to the cities of Brookline and Newton, and from the top of the estate you can see the Boston skyline.
Very cool. I see today is Miata day.

rainbow-flag-waving-994x559.jpg

blackfang

Established Member
Relaxing at my in laws in Pa through tomorrow. Had a nice cookout with family and filled up on crabs, burgers, dogs and other foods.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Smooth that's a funkin weekend day right there.

Old lady has a migraine so I spent the first part of the day blacking out the bedroom, dropping the temp, putting fans on, ice packs, etc etc... I've had one migraine and it's the worst feeling I've ever had in my life, like someone pulled your skull open, dropped in mini anvils and razor blades, crushed your skull back to shape, and then constantly shook it with no particular pattern or rhythm. She gets one about once every 50 days or so, feel terrible for her.

After I got her to sleep I went to a good friend's gender reveal deal. Exploding golf ball, pink cloud. I've never seen him so disappointed/defeated in my life. Jokes ensued.
"Can I try that again?"
-"yeah, in about 9 months"

"Congrats dude, you just bought yourself a wedding in 20 years or so."

Etc...

Besides caring for her and making fun of a good friend's disappointment, it's playing xbox out in the living room on extremely low volume

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Boat trip for a friends b-day went well. The motion sickness patch made me drowsy, but I made it through.

This weekend is a guys trip to Austin. There are at least 10 of us. As the only sober one of the group it should be pretty entertaining.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Boat trip for a friends b-day went well. The motion sickness patch made me drowsy, but I made it through.

This weekend is a guys trip to Austin. There are at least 10 of us. As the only sober one of the group it should be pretty entertaining.
Do you guys golf or anything like that? Or just drink and chase tail?

I used to go on golf trips with the boys. Kansas City was our go to place but we did make a trip to Vegas once. Good times.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you guys golf or anything like that? Or just drink and chase tail?

I used to go on golf trips with the boys. Kansas City was our go to place but we did make a trip to Vegas once. Good times.

This will be the first trip with them, so I don't know what the usual trip is. Most everyone is close to if not in their 40's and married so it will be three days of drinking and being loud. The only actual plan is to go to a LFL game. Seems like the best place for a bunch of drunk guys to be.

Users who are viewing this thread