• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Winter Blues (or... GTHGs) - I miss my Boss

Discussion in '2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustang' started by Mogumbo, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Mogumbo

Mogumbo Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Anyone else Xing the days off of their calendar waiting for spring? I made the mistake of buying my Boss this past November - drove it just enough before the winter blew in to make me tremble and shake with Boss withdrawals ever since I put it away.

I’m not a fair weather “never been driven in rain” person - I bought the car to drive it. But I live in the Northeast and we’ve had crappy snowy 50 below weather pretty much every day.

I’m not worried about the precious Pirelli tires disintegrating if driven below 40 degrees - they are going to be replaced in the spring anyway.

If it were a nice day, I’d pull it out of hibernation and take it for a spin - but then there’s the issue of all of our roads being paved with salt.

This car has increased the length of our 6 month winters to seemingly infinity long winters. At least the crappy weather is making my FJ Cruiser a little more fun to drive.

Aarrrrgg - what do you guys do (who don’t live in FL) to pass the time?

2. 96gt02

96gt02 Active Member Established Member

Yeah I too have just been waiting for a decent day to drive my GHIG, yesterday was warm, but too much rain and salt everywhere, haven't driven it in about two months and the itch is just starting.

3. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby Don't feed the ducks. They got disease. Established Member

I keep my GT in my Dad's building about 1/2 mile from my house. Every few weeks I start it up and let it get up to operating temps. Not much fun but at least it charges the battery and allows me to make it go vroom vroom a couple times.

I hate winter...

4. Mogumbo

Yeah... that would be a nice little fix.

Unfortunately mine is in a building that my friend owns and it’s open 9 to 5 weekdays and locked up on weekends - so I don’t get a lot of visitation.

BTW - my Boss is hiding in that particular location instead of in my garage, because I still haven’t gathered the brass to tell my wife that I bought it... that topic might make for an interesting thread!!

AK Roadrunner likes this.
  5. Mogumbo

Holy Crap!!! I just notice your name and photo - is that your car?? If I could afford a Paxton Shelby, I would buy a Winter Boss with snow tires and put it away in the spring and pull out my Summer Boss.

6. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Established Member

I HATE the winters here. I can't wait to retire and move south.
    One of the reasons is not being able to drive the Mustang any time I want. (She only comes out when it's really nice out. So, in the winter, that could be 4 months or more!)

7. DAVESVT2000

DAVESVT2000 Well-Known Member Established Member

There was one winter about 15 years ago my cars didn’t come out till end of May.

8. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Established Member

Wow,...that's insane.

9. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby Don't feed the ducks. They got disease. Established Member

Thanks buddy - My '66 is a Trans-Am coupe clone - not a real Shelby. I can't afford that kind of car...and if I could I would be afraid to drive it hard. Besides...it is too fast to be a real Shelby. :). It has a little forged 331 with a Paxton Novi 1200 running 8-ish pounds of boost backed by an Astro A5 putting about 490 to the wheels. Lots of suspension upgrades and big discs all around. She'll be in my garage forever. My goal is to have her road-course ready for this summer.

10. IamRacerX

IamRacerX No brand loyalty rhetoric here. Established Member

Guys... hang in there! But don’t worry, we Florida Boss owners are driving our cars around keeping the Boss spirit alive!

RUgoinup? likes this.
  11. FKing1

FKing1 Active Member Established Member

Have Pirelli Sotozero winter tires on my 13 and drive it all winter in Michigan.
    In 3 years have never been stuck in snow.

RUgoinup? likes this.
  12. AK Roadrunner

AK Roadrunner New Member

Sadly she's been put away since mid October, I've been passing the time buying parts. Hopefully I'll have a full Whiteline suspension to install come spring along with some new wheels and tires.

13. N9TMARE

N9TMARE Member Established Member

Sucks