0-160 KB Cobra video

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Re: 0-160 reply

Originally posted by pwrshftd50
Even with a 3.08 gear it more anxiously runs though the lower gears. But I dont think it charges that hard on the top end. Rb
check it out
http://www.mvperformance.com/rob/0-140z06.MPG

He are asking if he has 4.10s. Then say your 3.08 runs more anxiously through the gears?

4.10's pull harder than 3.08s

Maybe I'm just an idiot and don't understand that point you are trying to make.

pwrshftd50

Welllll, I said:

"my car has 3.08's and less horsepower and still seems to hit harder"

I am basically asking him if the video was legit. I am wondering why with 586 to the wheels did it not blister the tires in second gear. My car will hose tires in 1st all over the msd at 6400 and then right back in second.

sounds like this--> "ding ding da ding ding ding..shift..ding ding da ding ding ding"

:eek: :eek:

my car has 498 to the tire and will rub out drag radials into 3rd. I suppose this could be because it is centrifically supercharged and not roots blown. My 4th gear runs to about 150 with the wheel package I have at this time.

:eek: :eek:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Platinum, here is the stock 155 video... He starts out at 60 or 70 I think.

http://www.suprascene.com/tmp/holyshit155.mpg

you sure this is stock?.reason i ask is the boost gauge is on the big black line just in front of the 10.i still have my stock pulley on and mine has always gone to the little line just before the big black line on the 10 area,according to my saleen boost gauge i used to calibrate my overlay with that little black line mine goes to is 8.5lbs. :shrug:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
about the 60-155 video. He was chipped, he took it up to 6500rpm and he did not hit the rev limiter, and if you watch, when he takes it up that high his shift light comes on again.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Re: Re: 0-160 reply

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
All of the videos that have been posted on here have been on stock gears.

I agree. The way that car pulls is consistant with every other cobra I've been around. It's faster with the KB of course, but it still sweeps the dial similarly.

dkd58

Established Member
but there definitely still is the racoon/squirrel/semi-trailer-tire-junk/ etc to worry about. I don't worry about obstacles that are on the road... I worry about obstacles that move (animals mostly)... even a bird at those speeds can change your life.

Hey! Here's a thought, why don't you add people to your list of things to worry about? You could list them say right between squirrels and racoons. Or maybe that's what you meant by "etc.".

Anyone who drives as fast as you and some other people claim to on public roads is an ignorant self-absorbed narcissist and I hope that you take yourselves out before you take someone with you. Actually, that would be my second wish, my first preference would be that you wise up and that nobody would get hurt.

The s##t that happens on the road is very ugly, very real, and it can happen to (or be caused by) people like YOU!. I am fed up with people who overestimate their abilities and/or seem oblivious to the well being or rights of their fellow citizens.

I've got no problem with risk takers per se, just the ones who put others at risk in the process of getting their rocks off. Take your car to the track, the strip, or open road racing in Nevada. I did all three this year. You have no right to enjoy yourself at the expense and risk of your fellow citizens.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by dkd58
Hey! Here's a thought, why don't you add people to your list of things to worry about? You could list them say right between squirrels and racoons. Or maybe that's what you meant by "etc.".

Anyone who drives as fast as you and some other people claim to on public roads is an ignorant self-absorbed narcissist and I hope that you take yourselves out before you take someone with you. Actually, that would be my second wish, my first preference would be that you wise up and that nobody would get hurt.

The s##t that happens on the road is very ugly, very real, and it can happen to (or be caused by) people like YOU!. I am fed up with people who overestimate their abilities and/or seem oblivious to the well being or rights of their fellow citizens.

I've got no problem with risk takers per se, just the ones who put others at risk in the process of getting their rocks off. Take your car to the track, the strip, or open road racing in Nevada. I did all three this year. You have no right to enjoy yourself at the expense and risk of your fellow citizens.

Stop being a dumbass, wiseguy, and hippocrit. If you were driving a geo metro then I might believe you more. Anyhow, it's not as if he or anybody ran on public highway passing people at 160 MPH! If that was the case, then that would be stupid. I'm sure he knew what he was doing.

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Yoikes!!!!

Youse guys got cement stones!!!! Especially pushing a 'vert to 160... I suppose a solid roof isn't going to help much at that speed. As for the wisdom of doing it on public roads... well as long as you don't hurt somebody else, a man's got a god-given right in this country to jump off a cliff if he wants to...Or go over a waterfall in a barrel.
:D

Allan

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Thanks...

old pix (note the car) but I get a lot of milage out of them. After all, which of these threads isn't brightened up by a picture with a couple of pretty gurls in it....case in point:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=599114#post599114

Here's another for you, completely off the subject.

Fast cars and faster wimmen, what more does a man want from life????

:beer:

Allan

PS apologies to all those "fast" women cobra pilots.....

dkd58

Established Member
OMG here I go somebody stop me.

Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Stop being a dumbass, wiseguy, and hippocrit. If you were driving a geo metro then I might believe you more. Anyhow, it's not as if he or anybody ran on public highway passing people at 160 MPH! If that was the case, then that would be stupid. I'm sure he knew what he was doing.
Thank you for your response. Hmmm. A dumbass, wiseguy, and "hippocrit"? Well I may be a dumbass but I'm certainly not illiterate. Anyway, what comment or comments of mine led you to conclude that I am a dumbass? Are you suggesting that driving a car on public roads at unsafe speeds is a good thing? As far as your accusation of hypocrisy, do you mean to suggest that the fact that I own a Cobra and am opposed to unsafe driving on public roads makes me a hippocrite, er, hypocrite? I assume you meant hypocrite, or am I just being a dumbass again? -DKD58:bash:

OverToad

Established Member
Dude...I'm having a hard time believing you just bashed OverToad.

He's one of the friendliest, most helpful, and intelligent guys on here.

Yes, as Toad mentioned...you and he are polar opposites

Hey, thanks for the sentiment Joe. It's all good though :thumbsup:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Re: OMG here I go somebody stop me.

Originally posted by dkd58
Thank you for your response. Hmmm. A dumbass, wiseguy, and "hippocrit"? Well I may be a dumbass but I'm certainly not illiterate. Anyway, what comment or comments of mine led you to conclude that I am a dumbass? Are you suggesting that driving a car on public roads at unsafe speeds is a good thing? As far as your accusation of hypocrisy, do you mean to suggest that the fact that I own a Cobra and am opposed to unsafe driving on public roads makes me a hippocrite, er, hypocrite? I assume you meant hypocrite, or am I just being a dumbass again? -DKD58:bash:

Hehe... "dumbass" may not have been appropriate and I take that back. No offense to ya. I was just implying that most of us here are car enthusiasts! We love power and speed. The majority of us here I can say are not kids street racing light to light. With that said, I just felt it wasn't necesary for you to say what you said. That was the "wiseguy" part. Yes we take risks by running these cars at insane speeds, but I can assure you that most of us take every precaution to avoid taking out any innocent by-stander or car with us should we go flying high. The "hypocrite" part was I'm sure that you have a 500 HP car to obey the traffic laws at all times! If you really do, then I respect ya, otherwise you're no different from us. What I mean is that... with a 500 HP car like yours and mine, I'm sure we get an itching to put pedal to the metal once in a while. While not as insane as what boostin'03 did, it's no different.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by wuplash
you sure this is stock?.reason i ask is the boost gauge is on the big black line just in front of the 10.i still have my stock pulley on and mine has always gone to the little line just before the big black line on the 10 area,according to my saleen boost gauge i used to calibrate my overlay with that little black line mine goes to is 8.5lbs. :shrug:

I dont know maybe im mistaken :shrug:. I wish the guy who originally posted that video would comment. I was quite certain that was stock.

The smaller the pulley the higher pitched the whine gets, that supercharger sounded comperable to the stock one IMO... Maybe its not.

Last edited:

dkd58

Established Member
Re: Re: OMG here I go somebody stop me.

Hehe... "dumbass" may not have been appropriate and I take that back.
Maybe you should hold off on making that judgement until you get to know me better, you may change your mind again :lol:

The "hypocrite" part was I'm sure that you have a 500 HP car to obey the traffic laws at all times! If you really do, then I respect ya, otherwise you're no different from us.
Your point is well taken and no, I do not drive at or below the posted limit at all times, uh,.. ahem never. So I guess that technically qualifies me as a hypocrite. I'll take my beating now.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread