0 to 70 MPH Video (this rules)

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Tire Spin

I am no expert here, but I am surprised to see a few members point out that my speedometer jumped because of lost traction. Isn't this obvious? I pointed this out in my original post, although vaguely I see.

I was excited to have caught that run on video. I was also thankful that I didn't lose control of my car on the shift into 2nd gear. Normally, my tires just chirp, but when they broke lose my eyes lit up and I stayed on the gas! I really wonder if the spin helped or hurt my time.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going to re-make this video after my rear end, suspension, and wheel/tire upgrades are complete. I cannot wait.

And by the way, my SES light has been dormant for 500 miles since the Steeda MIL Eliminators were installed.

Last edited:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
when the tires spin the speedometer jumps. It might say 60 but you might not be going that.

Anways.. It was a good run. Nice driving too.:beer:

Jester

-------------
Established Member
Originally posted by GregMatty
Do you really think his Mach was still spinning it's tires at 60mph? I have ridden with folks who can get a pretty good chirp on the 1-2 upshift, but I haven't seen anyone who can keep them spinning in the dry???

Greg

I make 'em smoke 1-2, go sideways 2-3, then chirp the 3-4 shift.
Nice vid! Mach on!

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
CraZeeSTanG,

Good point. I watched my video again and it sounds like my tires are spinning from 37 to about 55 mph. You can see a pause in my acceleration the moment my tires re-hook.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
if anyone tells you "o well its because you lost traction" they are just suffering from smallus penisitus.

lol nice video

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
My first time at the track I was sideways in my 2-3 shift! That was at about 80 (talk about adrenaline). Obviously the track is nothing like the streer, but I've also broken loose pretty well on the pavement. It's definately possible.

BTW: nice vid, can't wait to compare it with the new tires. I assume your talking DR's.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
ReducedFat,

You might want to watch my video again. You can clearly see that my speedometer is at 55 mph when my tires re-hook. The tire screeching stops and my acceleration pauses (for the re-hook) at 55 mph. You can also watch the RPM's. The spinning occurs between 37 and 55 mph.

Thanks for more feedback!

Here are my new tires. It will be a few months before I'm done with all of my planned upgrades.

NittoRear4.jpg

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
it wont work anymore, when i try to right click save as, then at 44% it says it cant finish, and thats one two diff computers

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Bandwidth Issue

o3Cobra777,

I just downloaded the video myself and it worked fine. I would try again later if I were you.

svtfreak03

Established Member
mach1 is crazy :)

~2003 White Cobra~
MagnaFlow Catback Exaust w/x-pipe No cats
Mac Cold Air Intake
Diablo Chip
Looking foward getting a Blowzilla Supercharger in the future

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Very nice driving, U definetly grabbed hard after the spin...i dont care what anyone says, you grabbed traction at about 55. The speedo jumped, but im positive the car took with it right after. Let us know when those new nittos go on, and then see if you are still spinning!!!sounds good, mach on.

One more thing...what size spacers are you planning to use to fit the 315's?

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
thanks for the vid. nice run.

Originally posted by BayouVette
nice vid, sounded nice with the tires spinning, but is that what the dash of a mach looks like?

IMO, it could use some brightning up.

No bashing and don't want to offend. Just doesn't really appeal to me..

You should see them in person. They are actually very attractive looking. I test drove an Azure Blue Mach 1 when they first came out and I couldn't believe how clean and stylish the interior was over a stock GT. Only reason I didn't get it was b/c my fox was still faster and already payed off. Glad to see some people are modding the Machs and not making every single one a colector's piece.

Cal

Established Member
Yeah I agree, it grabbed when it got to around 55, so when the speedo said 60, it was 60. I calculated about 4.5x seconds by my stopwatch, and that is with tire spin so you are probably faster.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Bandwidth is Good

Haha. Three months go by and this post pops up again. My bandwidth shall suffer.

Ballistik8, I have the new tires and wheels on the car now and I did not use any spacers. I have only a minor rubbing issue in the rear when going into driveways or over bumps at an angle. When I have the car up on stands, I look for damage and I can't find any physical evidence of tire rub, I can only hear it when I'm driving the car.

SVT4ME & Vanride69, thanks for your comments.

Cal, my stopwatch showed 4.5s a few times, but I just wasn't sure exactly when to start the timer. I decided to play it safe and not risk making a false claim.

Update:

I have my Nitto tires on now, but I don't want to launch and risk a snapped axle until I have a stronger rear end. I did experiment with a few low RPM launches, but the tires wouldn't break loose at all. I figured I would just wear my stock clutch out if I kept trying to break them loose. I'm hoping that 4.10's will take some of the pressure off the clutch and put more wear on the tires.

I do have the urge to make another video to see if I'm faster or slower, even though I can't break the tires loose. I'll be sure to post the video if I do make one.

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks for gettin back on that one...lets see some pics and maybe even another vid if you get the chance...always nice to get a little mach action every once and awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread