00' 2V mild mods, 1/4 mile time, what yall think?

bleedout

Established Member
ok gents, so the Cobra is gone and its been replaced with a good ole' 2v lol. im actually taking it to the track this friday for test n tune and since ive never ran any of my old 2v's on the 1/4 mile im curious as to what times these things typically can get. i know its a huge down grade from my termi but i got a decent deal on this 2v after i sold the cobra and wanted another stang and i'll throw parts at it for a bit until i sell it. anyways the mods are-
stock 4.6
BBK CIA
off road xpipe
flowmaster catback
just rebuilt the rear end
added frpp 4:30's
short throw shifter
eibach pro kit
cc plates ect... without goin into the mods that dont matter for drag
and a set of sticky mickeys with aluminum wheels and yes i can drive, this is my 5th stang, cant seem to get away from these damn things lol.
so, if anyone wants to chime in on around what these power houses run in the 1/4, plz comment. i'd hope for a low 13, weather is suppose to be almost 80 so not too bad. but who knows, if i run a 14 ima retire it lol.:burnout:

Last edited:

markw351

Established Member
With sticky tires and you saying you can drive i would think 13.6s @ 100 mph w/a 1.80 60s is pretty doable. My 2000 N/A 2V Saleen ran 14.00 @ 105 on wore out street tires and 2.4 60s. Saleen suspension wasn't helping either and this was the only time i took the car to the track. My mod list was 3.55s, CAI, 75mm TB, C&L Plenum, Bassani Headers, OR-X-pipe, Saleen(borla) catback, underdrive pulleys and the saleen tune. With sticky tires more gear and seat time i know it would have gone mid-low 13s. It is a big difference jumping in the cobra after i drive the saleen around during the week though that is for sure. Good luck with your new toy.

mrbigjeep

Established Member
98? my car with a gear and nothing else trapped 100

anyway, mid 13's. possibly low 13's with the right sixty foot

bleedout

Established Member
Yeah shes gonna screaming her ass off lol. Im hoping i wont have to shift past 4th gear, these mickeys are a 28" tire so we'll see. Pretty much just a fun, inexpensive GT to play with. Nothing serious, until i decide to spray it lol.

bleedout

Established Member
With sticky tires and you saying you can drive i would think 13.6s @ 100 mph w/a 1.80 60s is pretty doable. My 2000 N/A 2V Saleen ran 14.00 @ 105 on wore out street tires and 2.4 60s. Saleen suspension wasn't helping either and this was the only time i took the car to the track. My mod list was 3.55s, CAI, 75mm TB, C&L Plenum, Bassani Headers, OR-X-pipe, Saleen(borla) catback, underdrive pulleys and the saleen tune. With sticky tires more gear and seat time i know it would have gone mid-low 13s. It is a big difference jumping in the cobra after i drive the saleen around during the week though that is for sure. Good luck with your new toy.

Yeah lol, after i sold the Cobra and i bought this GT im always seaming to expect the boost to kick in. Or more power:shrug: sadly this 2v gives it all she has and thats no power at all lol. Oh well the Cobra was great, best car hands down. But i couldnt keep it at the time and never got to enjoy it as much as i wanted to. Now i have this and im not concerned about wear n tear. Just fun

TechSavy

Established Member
Yeah shes gonna screaming her ass off lol. Im hoping i wont have to shift past 4th gear, these mickeys are a 28" tire so we'll see. Pretty much just a fun, inexpensive GT to play with. Nothing serious, until i decide to spray it lol.

You'll be good with the 28" as long as you run a decent pressure lol

bleedout

Established Member
with 4.30's im sure you will be well into 4th

oh i know i'll be way into 4th gear, i meant i hope i have enuff room to not have to shift into 5th. this is my 1st car with 4:30's and i never ran it down the quarter yet.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
low to mid 13s should not be a problem...especially with the gears....as long as you get a decent launch...I would say about 103 mph trap speed

Josh93

Established Member
My buddy ran 12.70's with a full bolt on GT. LT's, CAI, TB, Ect and a stock clutch. Has 31 Spline rear end with 4.10 or 3:73 i think. Launching around 6k

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
sorry ya had to sell the Cobra, I went from a 03 gt to a cobra so I know what you're going thru lol. have fun with it!

bleedout

Established Member
so today was an epic fail............ my buddy was too busy at work today and couldnt get out, so i couldnt get the M/T's from him. next fail was when i drove out for bout an hour or so to a track ive never been to, get to the track and figure @#$% it, i'll run with my street tires. then i pull up to the gate to pay my fee and I say- yes im running, then the lady says....."do you have pants"? i look down with a confused look and of course im wearing cargo shorts, i mean its 85 degrees out shit. so my reply, no pants here and she clearly can see. so then she says, "looks like your spectating today then"!!! so i have to ask if shes serious, and what jeans have to do with anything. and shes dead balls serious, i get my ticket and roll into the lot. the whole jeans thing threw me off, ive been to other tracks before, maybe i never paid attention to it or maybe it was spring or fall and i was wearing jeans, or maybe this track has an odd set of rules. i mean what the hell are jeans goin to acomplish anyways? so frustrated as i was, i parked the stang, walked up to the stands, and watched all the cars run.......luckily my girl was with me and brought a 12 pack, atleast made the night some what better.... now im on the hunt for my own DR's and next time im bringing some damn jeans lol...............thoughts?:shrug:

bleedout

Established Member
sorry ya had to sell the Cobra, I went from a 03 gt to a cobra so I know what you're going thru lol. have fun with it!

yeah man, i miss my cobra bad, the broad torque curve for sure.altho when i was at the track tonight there were two 03/04 cobras running sick times. both were coupes, one black one red. black on was turboed and ran a nasty 9.74 trapping 146 mph... the red one was also running high 9's... not sure if it was turboed or what but both were sick and very clean. pisses me off that my day fell thru.....next time for sure

bleedout

Established Member
well, finally made it to the damn track..... had to run street tires, sucked but no choice. the weather was terrible it was about 90/91 outside and i was sweating my ass off. but i needed to get sum runs in N/A just didnt want to on street tires. I coudnt launch for shit, no traction no matter how i left. so my 60' were always about 2.2. i ran two 14.01's and then a 14.08 at 100.95 mph. so i let the car cool off for an hour or so then i was able to get a 13.91 followed back to back by another 13.93 60' was still terrible as to be aspected. so my best was 13.91 at 101.%^..... everytime i banged 2nd gear it spun the tires a bit. i was hoping for 13.6, 13.7 so i guess im not too disappointed considering it was hot as hell out and i couldnt hook because i was on street tires and my reaction times sucked too lol they were like .369, my best was a .225 think, i had better times in the cobra lol, oh well guess i was worried about spinning and not treeing the light. but i will be returning to the track on July 30th. I got a ZEX wet kit and in the process of purchasing 28" M/T slicks mounted on Jegs version of pro stars. also took out the heavy damn stock leather seats and replaced them with procars, so im def ready to break 12's. hopefully this 2v and the rear/axles stay together after this next run, well see.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread