00 Cobra R Dzus fasteners

Sophbuster

Been a long time since I posted in this forum, but anyone know where I can get some OEM Dzus fasteners and rivets for my car. My bumper cover had some spidering in the paint so I needed to get it re-painted and while I was at it I figured I may as well get some scuffs in my splitter fixed as well. Well needless to say I thought my paint man and I were on the same page and we weren't. Needless to say I wasn't happy with what he did, so it will be much easier to replace the fasteners if possible.

I already called Ford and they couldn't help me out, so I hope someone else can help me out.

Thanks,

Colby

steve121

Established Member
Been a long time since I posted in this forum, but anyone know where I can get some OEM Dzus fasteners and rivets for my car. My bumper cover had some spidering in the paint so I needed to get it re-painted and while I was at it I figured I may as well get some scuffs in my splitter fixed as well. Well needless to say I thought my paint man and I were on the same page and we weren't. Needless to say I wasn't happy with what he did, so it will be much easier to replace the fasteners if possible.

I already called Ford and they couldn't help me out, so I hope someone else can help me out.

Thanks,

Colby

Colby,
I think 7 of the 9 Dzus fasteners are the standard 1" length that should be available from any supplier. The other 2 are the special length for the Cobra R that nobody seems to have. I'll check when I get home tonight to see if I have a spare set. I know I have a bunch of the special rivets but I'll check to see if I have enough to do the whole job.

Steve

sdfrog177

Established Member
109841[/ATTACH]"]
cobrarstocksplitterZfasteners006.jpg

I have this complete set...PM a offer if interested.

Attachments

• cobrarstocksplitterZfasteners006.jpg
    cobrarstocksplitterZfasteners006.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 124

Sophbuster

Yea, I'm looking for the rivets too. I'm having a hard time just finding someone who sells the Dzus brand here locally. Apparently, they have a huge minimum order to get them, something like 50,000 units.

kevin

Yea, I'm looking for the rivets too. I'm having a hard time just finding someone who sells the Dzus brand here locally. Apparently, they have a huge minimum order to get them, something like 50,000 units.

i will need to look, but i think i have a set or two of the fasteners and rivits.

do you have the proper rivit gun for these? they don't use the standard style.

Sophbuster

I don't have the rivet gun, but I have no issues buying one. I just need to know what to get. I may be able to get the rivets locally as well, but I need to know what they are called to look for them.

Thanks,

Colby

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Thanks,

Colby

Colby - I would have to search around, but I believe I have a new Ford Racing front splitter hardware kit for a 2000 Cobra R. If I remember correctly it has everything, the Dzus fasteners (short and long) and the rivets.

R

svt2205

Established Member
Try looking in the MSC catalog. I'm not sure if you'll find what you need, but I needed to track down a specific DZUS fastener set and found exactly what I needed for short money.

steve121

Established Member
I don't have the rivet gun, but I have no issues buying one. I just need to know what to get. I may be able to get the rivets locally as well, but I need to know what they are called to look for them.

Thanks,

Colby

The squeezer rivet guns are pricey HAND RIVET SQUEEZER from Aircraft Spruce
I have 75-80 of the correct rivets and 2 of the longer Dzus fasteners, pm if interested

Users who are viewing this thread