00 Cobra r watar damaged bad at copart in MD - SALISBURY

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
It must have been in someones collection. I noticed there is a Ferrari 308GTS sitting beside it that is just as nasty.

I wish Copart would post the complete vin#. I sure would want to put that car in my notes as mud water damaged. It bet there is 3 inches thick of mud on outside, interior and engine.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
cobra186 said:
It must have been in someones collection. I noticed there is a Ferrari 308GTS sitting beside it that is just as nasty.

I wish Copart would post the complete vin#. I sure would want to put that car in my notes as mud water damaged. It bet there is 3 inches thick of mud on outside, interior and engine.

Let me start the bidding at $100.00. ;-)

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Let me start the bidding at $100.00. ;-)

Bidding this morning was already edging $10K and it still has time left.

I figure the car has some mileage on it.... it has chromed Y2K-R wheels and the splitter is MIA.

Its for sure a major project. The biggest deal is how long it has been sitting covered in mud, whether it was salt water, and if some idiot has tried to turn the motor over with out flushing it out.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
It's probably worth 10k to someone out there, just not me? :p

Remember that 2000R that was on eBay a couple of years ago? The one that had been wrecked in the front and partially down one side? It went up toward $25K!!! That was when you could by a nice ready to drive 00R for the low to mid $30's.

R

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Robert M said:
Remember that 2000R that was on eBay a couple of years ago? The one that had been wrecked in the front and partially down one side? It went up toward $25K!!! That was when you could by a nice ready to drive 00R for the low to mid $30's.

R

Robert:

IMHO there is a huge difference between a crashed car and a flood damaged car. A flood damaged car is only worth the parts off of it. I would NEVER attempt a rebuild of a flood damaged car. No way. No how! :cryying:

Maybe some 20 year old full of P & V might want to attempt it, but not me! :shrug:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Robert:

IMHO there is a huge difference between a crashed car and a flood damaged car. A flood damaged car is only worth the parts off of it. I would NEVER attempt a rebuild of a flood damaged car. No way. No how! :cryying:

Maybe some 20 year old full of P & V might want to attempt it, but not me! :shrug:

I agree, except I do not have the knowledge, patience and especially time to attempt either type of rebuild. The point was that I, as well as others, at that time could not believe that people were actually bidding that car, that I believe was also in MD up so high. Are there pictures of this flood car, or a link?

And yes, water damages "everywhere", seen and unseen.

R

Saleenrose

Established Member
What number was the wrecked on? Does anyone still have that info? It was not tittled so will have no carfax, only people say so.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Saleenrose said:
What number was the wrecked on? Does anyone still have that info? It was not tittled so will have no carfax, only people say so.

I don't remember what number it was. Maybe someone on here documented it. Seems to me that the seller stated it would be sold with a rebuild title?

R

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
I talked to him and it was not tittled at the time, and had no insurance to cause a claim. It was a dealer that took it on a open track. Maybe a bad driver????

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Copart pictures have an odd file extension that most websites won't support ( I guess someone with computer knowledge could transfer the files over??) Plus you have to be registered with the salvage pool to view their inventory.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Just imagine a '00R that looked like it was sitting in a mudslide or muddy river bottom for a couple of days.... For the most part you can not even tell what color the car is, other than were someone took their hand and wiped away the mud on the hood and a couple of places on the wheels. The interior looks tan instead of charcoal grey.

b4409

Established Member
I understand what it might be like, but let's salvage the sombitch. Who's a copart bidder?

bb

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Robert:

I'm full of P&V.:pepper: :banana: You buy the car and parts and I will do the work! Deal?:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread