'00 L vs. C5

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Hey last night my buddy and I decided to run them. We drove around a bit to find a spot where we could heat up the tires and race from a dig. My friend has a 2004 C5 with exhaust, intake, and shifter. I have a couple of things done take a look at my sig. Anyways we roasted them up a little bit then decided to do the three honk start. Right from the start I put maybe two cars on him and by third it was closer to three. We went to about 120 and I shut it down. Just thought I would post. Lightning= Vette Eater.

rphinney

Established Member
Nice, I would expect the C5 to start making up ground by the top of second and certainly third, not that I have any experoence. Good race.

tom03lightning

Established Member
fastasLtn said:
Hey last night my buddy and I decided to run them. We drove around a bit to find a spot where we could heat up the tires and race from a dig. My friend has a 2004 C5 with exhaust, intake, and shifter. I have a couple of things done take a look at my sig. Anyways we roasted them up a little bit then decided to do the three honk start. Right from the start I put maybe two cars on him and by third it was closer to three. We went to about 120 and I shut it down. Just thought I would post. Lightning= Vette Eater.

Power cooler is probably definately helping a lot. My '03 L with 6lb lower (early apten port), chip, MAC CAI, Flowmaster catback (421rwhp 500rwtq)would eat up a vette till about 118mph (then the dreaded shift to 4th with stock gears), thats when they'd get me. The vipers would get me by about 90 and say byebye
Nice kill.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
fastasLtn said:
I know both guys very well and the vette was spinning throughout first and part of second. Lightning may=vette eater but not Cobra eater. :nono: Lucky race Mike.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
fastasLtn said:
Let the vette hook and there will be new results to the race. But the correct way is Cobra=Lightning eater.

Last edited:

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Haven't had a single problem with stock C5s in my Lightning, and I'm not very modded.

Good kill.

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
i like watching the old guys in thier vettes get beat. kinda gives them a reality check and lets them know there are other fast/quick cars.

00Vette

Established Member
That guy in the Vette had to be a horrible driver. The L should have pulled the Vette hard from the line, but up top the Vette should have cought him and passed him. The L's are bricks at speed. :dw:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
fastasLtn said:

Nice kill.. from a dig with tires lightnings can launch..

i would venture to say though that you have more than "a couple of things done"

correct way would be "highly modded lightning = exhause intake C5 eater"

Black Venom 99

Established Member
00Vette said:
That guy in the Vette had to be a horrible driver. The L should have pulled the Vette hard from the line, but up top the Vette should have cought him and passed him. The L's are bricks at speed. :dw:
Both guys are my friends. My buddy in the C5 can drive very good. It was cold out and he had some traction problems. I drove the Lightning and it sure isn't slow, but put some tires on the Vette and it will be a better race.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Mitch.Shea said:
i like watching the old guys in thier vettes get beat. kinda gives them a reality check and lets them know there are other fast/quick cars.
You are right and I agree, but in this race my buddy in the Vette is 18, with my buddy in the Lightning being 20.

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Black Venom 99 you have no idea how my truck pulls now. Anyways the driver of the C5 is a great driver, and did actually heat his tires up. So saying that it was cold had nothing to do with his traction. Just as well he spun SOME of first but bit well before he shifted second. I know this because we talked about it. Anyways we were only able to get one run in but Im sure in the future we will agree to race again, and I will be sure to post the outcomes. Thanks for the responses

Black Venom 99

Established Member
fastasLtn said:
Black Venom 99 you have no idea how my truck pulls now. Anyways the driver of the C5 is a great driver, and did actually heat his tires up. So saying that it was cold had nothing to do with his traction. Just as well he spun SOME of first but bit well before he shifted second. I know this because we talked about it. Anyways we were only able to get one run in but Im sure in the future we will agree to race again, and I will be sure to post the outcomes. Thanks for the responses
Actually I have a very good idea of how your truck pulls. It is the other way around and you have no idea how my Cobra pulls. Also, if you were smart heating up stock street tires does nothing but wastes rubber, and really doesn't make them hook better.

Ltnstrk

Established Member
How do can you say that heating stock tires doesnt do anything. Why would so many people out at the track do it then when they have stock tires? To look cool? Please man. Hey if you ever decide to ever drive your car we can line then up so we both have an idea how our cars/trucks pull.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
fastasLtn said:
How do can you say that heating stock tires doesnt do anything. Why would so many people out at the track do it then when they have stock tires? To look cool? Please man. Hey if you ever decide to ever drive your car we can line then up so we both have an idea how our cars/trucks pull.
It doesn't do anything for you to heat up a stock tire. It is not a drag radial and is made put of a much harder compound. People at the track do it because they don't have the right tire and they are misinformed about what they think they are doing is correct. When I get my car out of storage we will line them up and everyone and yourself know I will pull on you and win. Come on Mike get your head on straight.

SVT8U

Established Member
i thought you were supposed to do a quick burnout on the stock tires to clean the rocks and crap off 'em. I thought this was especially true for track use. Am I misinformed? Nice runs BTW.... good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread