00R #129 First ride on the racetrack in Norway

Norway`R #129

Established Member
[video=youtube;CJknKHutsII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJknKHutsII[/video]

The 00R is a fun car to bring to a track, but the original brakes were not very impressive ..
I could not take the old Cortinaen on the straights, but in the corners he did not have a chance even though I ran with street tires and he had R-tires.
A fun day at Våler racetrack organized by Ford Club Norway.:)

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
[video=youtube;CJknKHutsII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJknKHutsII[/video]

The 00R is a fun car to bring to a track, but the original brakes were not very impressive ..
I could not take the old Cortinaen on the straights, but in the corners he did not have a chance even though I ran with street tires and he had R-tires.
A fun day at Våler racetrack organized by Ford Club Norway.:)

Did you have the front brake cooling kit on the car? Those Galfer pads that originally came on the car are a VERY marginal track pad.

Glad you are using the car and enjoying it like it was meant to be enjoyed.

:beer:

Norway`R #129

Established Member
Hi Bruce.

I ending up with new 2 piece rotors from Baer and blue hawk pads front and rear, and new hi-preformance brake fluid.

I have the front brake cooling kit on the car, but it might just be my driving style that is not correct. It had helped with a driving course for racetrack driving and more trackday time, it would have made me more confident in the car. :)

I love this 2000 Cobra R!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hi Bruce.

I ending up with new 2 piece rotors from Baer and blue hawk pads front and rear, and new hi-preformance brake fluid.

I have the front brake cooling kit on the car, but it might just be my driving style that is not correct. It had helped with a driving course for racetrack driving and more trackday time, it would have made me more confident in the car. :)

I love this 2000 Cobra R!!!

Ok, the Hawk Blue pads are good but watch out for the acidic just they generate. If that dust gets wet from rain or heavy dew, the car needs to be cleaned immediately!!! Otherwise you will be left with a horrific mess to clean up after a few days.

Newbies typically don't use the brakes properly and usually over use them. But it will get better with more seat time and some instruction.

One of the best cars ever on track.

Enjoy,

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread