00R Brembo Kit installed

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Just thought I would share some pics of the new brakes, the brembo kit makes a noticeable difference in the cobra's braking performance. I highly recommend them.

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I'm seriously looking at that kit, too. Can you give a detailed impression of how they are vs. stock? I'd be putting them on a DD car - just would like more confident stopping ability to match the extra "go" that I've added to the car :-D

SlowSVT

Established Member
Your brake cooling duct system does not look very effective. There are a couple of vendors that sell a backing plate with a hose connections that seals the inside of the cooling vain cavity and forces the air throught the vents. The system on that car just points to the inside surface of the disc and may cause warpage problems over time due to uneven cooling. Something to consider.

wheelhopper

Established Member
T.O.Snake said:
I'm seriously looking at that kit, too. Can you give a detailed impression of how they are vs. stock? I'd be putting them on a DD car - just would like more confident stopping ability to match the extra "go" that I've added to the car :-D

I have a different brake kit on my car. I can tell you I have seen a lot of cars at open track events using this brake kit. It is also factory on the 2000 R so I am sure on a street car you would be very pleased. It may not be the best brake package out there, but, I have seen a vendor on Ebay selling it for as low as $880. That is a hard deal to beat.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
T.O.Snake said:

The car needs more braking power stock. These should have came on the car from the factory.

2003 Silver

Banned
Is this kit considered a " big brake" kit as I've been told by CCW I can not use them with their wheels in my sizes?

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Just got done bedding in the new HP Plus pads. I can say that there is a big difference between the 00Rs and the stock calipers. I get to use them at the track this weekend and I will really get a feel for them but it feels like the stopping distance decreased by a good amount. It also gives you more confidence when braking and they come right back with the cooling ducts which is awesome.

I have been thinking about joining MACA to hang out with some more of the cobra guys.

What other brake duct kits are more efficient? This is the best one I could find at the time.

DSC02627.jpg

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
looks cool. if there is no difference then the stockers, then you just changed for the looks?:shrug:

T.O.Snake

Established Member
svtnos1011 said:
looks cool. if there is no difference then the stockers, then you just changed for the looks?:shrug:

Significant difference - 4-piston calipers vs. 2-piston stockers, my Cobra-Kai brother /bows :p

Users who are viewing this thread