00R calibration sticker

UKCobra

Established Member
This is a bit off-topic, how did you get your R Registered in california ?

When I tried to register the 95 R in Pleasanton, they said it did not have enough miles and no CA emissions decal it could not be registered until it had more than 7,500 miles.

Mark

griffined

SVT driver
Mark,

I thought I would have the same problem. That's one of the reasons I bought it with 6400 miles on it, and drove it back from Texas. I had over 8000 when I got back to CA. I took it to be smogged, and the tech showed me the 50 State compliance sticker under the hood! I think all 300 of the 00R's are 50 state.:)

So I really didn't have to drive it back, but the trip was fun, and I was planning on stopping in Vegas for SEMA anyway. Buying tires in vegas was not in my plans. :(

Glad to hear your cars made it safely back to the UK. Cheers,

Ed

UKCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by griffined
Mark,

I thought I would have the same problem. That's one of the reasons I bought it with 6400 miles on it, and drove it back from Texas. I had over 8000 when I got back to CA. I took it to be smogged, and the tech showed me the 50 State compliance sticker under the hood! I think all 300 of the 00R's are 50 state.:)

So I really didn't have to drive it back, but the trip was fun, and I was planning on stopping in Vegas for SEMA anyway. Buying tires in vegas was not in my plans. :(

Glad to hear your cars made it safely back to the UK. Cheers,

Ed

Thanks for the reply, No real issues then when you have over 7,000 miles and a 50 state decal.

They would n't let me register mine, despite it running cleaner than my 95 Pace Car !

Did we ever meet at any of the 98Cobra/CAFords.com shows ?

Mark

griffined

SVT driver
50 state decal

OR

> 7500 miles

I don't think we met at an event, but I did see your Pace Car parked outside the service area at Shamrock Ford one time.

Ed

UKCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by griffined
50 state decal

OR

> 7500 miles

I don't think we met at an event, but I did see your Pace Car parked outside the service area at Shamrock Ford one time.

Ed

Yup that was me, I never left that car with them, so I must have been inside somewhere.

They were great guys, had to help them learn how to re-set the airbag warning system on the Pace car, but they did give me a free Oil Change on the Pace Car as a leaving the US present.

Mark

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ed:

My ''00 "R" says KGU2

Fine bar code reads YR3F-HC NPEF 003011

Build 03-00 (not on this particular sticker in question)

Hope this helps!

Maybe I should tape a piece of clear plastic over mine to preserve it? :thumbsup:

:beer:

griffined

SVT driver
Thanks for looking. I'm betting all of them are KGU2 and my sticker is just a little worse for wear. I don't know why is looks bad, as all of the other stickers have held up fine? Maybe it's the only one not covered with plastic. I'd say preserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread