00R Tires

michaelm

Established Member
Hi guys:

I need a new left tire.

I bought 2 new right ones for $80 each on eBay. (Only needed one tire but it was a great deal)

Thanks to a SVT Perf. forum member for that lead!

Does anyone know of a good deal out there?

Thanks!

Michael Mark, P.Eng.

www.m2engineering.com
:shrug:
COBRA-R002-1.jpg

michaelm

Established Member
Mike H.

That's the ticket!

Yes....200 treadwear.

That's the ones I bought (RHS) for $80.00

Tnx!

Mike

michaelm

Established Member
Well..........I bought the tires.

From eBay: $80 (Right)

From Tire rack: $240 (Left)

Average cost per tire: $160

Pretty good because they are about $365.00 each Canadian dollars.

Mike

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
kevin said:
and i know where eight of them puppies are :D

... and I bet your not telling where :poke: :D

but along those lines,

1. Do you think BFG will disconntinue the KD's w/200 treadwear in our size?
2. How much will not having the OEM correct tires, 100 treadwear, effect future value?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Mike H said:
... and I bet your not telling where :poke: :D

but along those lines,

1. Do you think BFG will disconntinue the KD's w/200 treadwear in our size?
2. How much will not having the OEM correct tires, 100 treadwear, effect future value?

Yes, at some point I'm sure they will be discontinued, as newer, better tires are developed.

I don't think the difference between 100 or 200 tread wear will make much difference as long as they are the correct size KD's, but having incorrect size BFG KD's, or some other tires will matter.

I'll bet, and this is just a guess, that the reproduction bias-ply tires, Goodyear (Poly-Glas) and Firestone (Wide-O-Val)that are correct for the Shelby's, CJ's, SCJ's, Boss's and every other muscle car from the 60's are possibly not the exact same tread wear rating as the originals, BUT, the important thing is that they are of the correct size and brand. That is what will be important in the future on these cars for the buyers forking out premium $$$ for premium cars, having 100 T.W. BFG's with your 2000R is nice, but I don't think it will be a huge $$$ deduction to a future buyer if it has correct BFG KD's in 200 T.W. However, having anything other than BFG KD's in a 265/40/18 size, will be a big deal, especially if they are obsolete and not reproduced.

R

Last edited:

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
Tire Hording

Ok, next silly tire question. If one was to buy a set of tires how would you go about storing them. Other than the obvious out of the sun \ UV etc... Mr "I got 2 sets of 100 treadwear and I'm not telling" aka kevin :poke: :) :) please chime in.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mike H said:
Ok, next silly tire question. If one was to buy a set of tires how would you go about storing them. Other than the obvious out of the sun \ UV etc... Mr "I got 2 sets of 100 treadwear and I'm not telling" aka kevin :poke: :) :) please chime in.

Put them in a HEAVY BLACK plastic bag and store them in a cool dry place. If you start to see checking, get a little oil going on them!

Users who are viewing this thread