'01 Amber Tail Light Swap

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I'm looking for a way, if possible, to swap my tail lights with someone with an '01 Cobra. They're up for it too and I want to take advantage of it and do the swap!

The problem is that our harnesses are different. One is 5 prong and one is 4 prong. And the amber tail lights have an extra bulb as well.

All help is much appreciated!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
do a search, these is a thread that details the install of the 01 tails in our cars.

I'm not just looking for the install of the amber tail light/harnesses into another SN-95... I need to know whether or not I would be able to get the '01 Cobra that the light are coming out of to function properly with the brake light, hazards, blinkers, and reverse lights as well as my own.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I got the tail lights on there! I ended up swapping someone with an '04 Terminator that grew tired of the '99/'01 amber tail lights so it was fairly easy. I'll make a thread with some pictures this weekend.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I was in the same situation,I had bought the lights and then i was told i needed a new harness so instead of dealling with it i sold the lights,They do look sweet though!:rockon:

GA Terminator

Established Member
I am electrically challenged, just a fact of life. Is there any shop in Atlanta that could make this swap for me on my 03 coupe??

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I am electrically challenged, just a fact of life. Is there any shop in Atlanta that could make this swap for me on my 03 coupe??

It's actually not difficult at all, bro. Fairly easy actually. Just time consuming...

All you do is install the tail lights, swap the harnesses, splice the green wire and run it to both tail lights, and cut the green wire underneath your dash.

Sounds complicating, but is really easy. :beer:

GA Terminator

Established Member
It's actually not difficult at all, bro. Fairly easy actually. Just time consuming...

All you do is install the tail lights, swap the harnesses, splice the green wire and run it to both tail lights, and cut the green wire underneath your dash.

Sounds complicating, but is really easy. :beer:

thanks, i'll give it a try

TK Doom

Established Member
swap1.jpg

swap2.jpg

swap3.jpg

swap4.jpg

swap5.jpg

swap6.jpg

swap7.jpg

Last edited:

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
do you guys think that those tail lights would look cool on a zinc yellow 03 vert? does anyone have any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread