'01 Bullitt 4v 5.3 Big Bore Stroker/T56 Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Did you change the plugs for this new tune? From the ones that were drenched in fuel lol?

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Did you change the plugs for this new tune? From the ones that were drenched in fuel lol?

Yessir. This is the second set of plugs in there now, all the fuel in the exhaust has just about burned off, and I will be putting in a fresh set as soon as I get the car onto the dyno.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nice man!! I know that's a stupid question, but I've seen some weird shit from people.. People will PM me asking why the setup doesn't work for vortech car etc. Explains all that they went through fuel dumping from bad tunes etc, say they got the tune spot on but it's cutting out lol. So yea, the question comes up if they changed the plugs ahahaha..

REALLY looking forward to seeing what that car makes for power :)

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Nice man!! I know that's a stupid question, but I've seen some weird shit from people.. People will PM me asking why the setup doesn't work for vortech car etc. Explains all that they went through fuel dumping from bad tunes etc, say they got the tune spot on but it's cutting out lol. So yea, the question comes up if they changed the plugs ahahaha..

REALLY looking forward to seeing what that car makes for power :)

Yea, I'm already on my second set of plugs, second oil change (9qts) after filling the pan with fuel, new FRPS, and my 4th attempted startup tune. Now that all the fuel has burnt off that was in the exhaust, there is far less smoke (almost none) and the car runs much better. With a new set of plugs and a tune, it will be running perfect.

I am very curious what it's going to make for power. Anything over 650 and I'll be happy, but I'd be surprised if it didn't make closer to 700+. I guess we'll see a month from today!

Woody6799

Established Member
Man, I walk away from this place for a few weeks and you get it fired up. Can't wait to see this thing hit the dyno. Car looks great Mike

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
UPDATE:

I had the car up to Performance Dyno this weekend for Pete to work his magic. Very happy with the results, the car made 702/684 at 16.5psi on 93 pump. Not too bad for a street car built in a one car garage!

I'll let the video do the talking!

[video=youtube;e4q8J-wdA7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q8J-wdA7E[/video]

Sometime during the week I'll put the inner fenders back in and put the bumper on and I can drive it!

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
that's so awesome. glad it all came together without a hitch. congratulations

Mike

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread