01 cobra vs ws6 ta, ls1 ta , and 2 ss camaros

Doch01

Established Member
Got of a work and met up with sm guys I just met a couple weeks ago at a car meet ... they were clowning on my car saying it was a girls car. I told dem I've beat turbo Hondas and a talon boosting 15 psi they said I only pick on Littles that I should run real cars like There's .long story short we got on the freeway I raced the ss first it's auto we did a roll at 50mph that's my sweet spot I was in second he honked 3 times and we went I cut off at 140 and I had him by 3 cars. I was amazed I thought I was going to lose to him race the other ss and trans ams and beat them all be 1 or 2 cars just 1 ss is auto and the rest are stick they all have slp lids , cat less y pipes , and cat backs also drag radials... I just have cat less xpipe with magna flow dumps and just did a sra swap traded diff with my friend it's of his 98 gt with 3.73s and mgw short shifter and pcv delete ...
I'ma take vids next time we race again

Also will upgrading to 4.10 or 4.56 would be better

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Good kills. So what's that make all of their cars if yours is for a girl??

Keep the 3.73s if this is the style of racing that gets your rocks off. The short gears will only hurt.

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kills. I had an 01 with bolt ons, 4.10s and a tune. Is your car tuned yet? If your set on changing gears I would go 4.10, a little more aggressive and if you like highway runs it won't take to much off your top speed. The n.a. 4v really benefits from 4.10s and up.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice kills. I had an 01 with bolt ons, 4.10s and a tune. Is your car tuned yet? If your set on changing gears I would go 4.10, a little more aggressive and if you like highway runs it won't take to much off your top speed. The n.a. 4v really benefits from 4.10s and up.

+1!
That pretty much summed it up.

Doch01

Established Member
I'ma go with 4.10s and no tune yet ...just started a new job getting paid good so I'ma spoil my car I already order the 4.10s and sm mac long tunes also going to get a tune for my car
I'ma race another ws6 with full bolt ons next week ...This time I'ma have the go pro ready

Doch01

Established Member
Thanks ...
Also what's the best gear and rpm to roll on...
I usually roll on 2nd gear at 4000 to 5000 rpms like or 40 to 50mph

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Don't know if I missed it but do you have a cold air intake? Longtubes and a cai and a tune will wake up the car alot with the 4.10s. Go from 2nd gear any mph between 40 and 50. Also, get new or better tires. They will be necessary lol.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Thanks ...
Also what's the best gear and rpm to roll on...
I usually roll on 2nd gear at 4000 to 5000 rpms like or 40 to 50mph

I agree with the 2nd gear at 40mph. With 4.10s it will get out pretty quick. Some headers would let the motor breath better also. If you are going to change the clutch eventually, look into the Bassani mid-length headers. It will save you some cash/time on the install since the headers do not have to be taken out.

BTW.. I would look into getting the gear set from Ford Racing.

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice kills OP. I took down an m3 in my Mach 1 with 4.10s, 3rd gear at 70mph. You can still use 3rd with 4.10s on the freeway.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Awesome, glad to see another NA Cobra beating the almighty ls1s. I've only raced one, and beat it. I'm sure I'd get handled by many others though.

Doch01

Established Member
Don't know if I missed it but do you have a cold air intake? Longtubes and a cai and a tune will wake up the car alot with the 4.10s. Go from 2nd gear any mph between 40 and 50. Also, get new or better tires. They will be necessary

no cai yet... I might turbo my cobra my friend is going to give me a turbo off a 5.9 Cummins diesel he has it on his talon right now I have sm 03 cobra injectors that I'ma use and intercooler and piping all I need is the hot side piping and twin fuel pump ...I'm just going to keep the stock exhaust manifold or do u guys know what headers will be good for the turbo application. .. and also what's the most boost I can push on my stock motor I was planing to only boost 10 psi on e85...should I still do the 4.10s ...
Is there any good tuners here in Las Vegas
And thanks for the advice and help

mrlrd1

Established Member
1. This isn't a rap song. Stop using "I'ma"
2. Nice made up story/races
3. Holset Cummins 5.9 turbo...on a 4.6 mod motor? :rollseyes
4. You spelled your username wrong! :lol1:

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Turbo off of a Cummins? I don't know if the setup you want to use would work. First, 10psi seems to be a little high for a stock 01 motor. If boost is the route you want to go there are a couple guys on here with boosted 01s that could chime in with what you should do internally first. I think when people go e85 they upgrade their cobras injectors and fuel system also. There's a section on it that's helpful here. If your going turbo, 4.10s aren't as crucial because of your power increase, but you now have a solid Axel so its not as much of a headache to switch gears. I personally would just get a cai, headers, 4.10s and have the car tuned while you research and plan out your boost setup. Good luck to you.

02SVTV6

Established Member
I could tell you about boost on an 01. Keep in mind "PSI" is irrelevant when you don't mention exactly what's being pushed as far as turbo/blower. I had a Vortech V1 S-Trim on 10psi and also ran a single 70mm on 5psi the moment that thing went to 10psi my stock motor went. So I went the route of bolting what's in my Sig.

blkvenm97

Established Member
good kills op. very believable story as i used to have a 97 with 4.10s intake pullies and full exhaust (minus headers) and i was able to run with a couple diff bolt on ls1s pretty even from a roll. they had good drivers too. one was a firehawk trans am and it was an 02 (the 02s are some of the more stout ones from what I've read). the 97 is supposedly a tat slower than an 01 also so your stories are lagit it seems. having the sra helps the 97 but now you have one too so that argument is out the window. keep up the good work

Sladester2

Established Member
Good kill. I doubt the Ls cars had radials unless they don't care about their 10 bolts at all. Also the 97 must've raced turds bc with only a catback and 4.10s you shouldn't be beating bolt on ls1s

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Good kill. I doubt the Ls cars had radials unless they don't care about their 10 bolts at all. Also the 97 must've raced turds bc with only a catback and 4.10s you shouldn't be beating bolt on ls1s

With all due respect and coming from an ex 01 Z28 owner, there are turds from every make of cars. Your statement can be said about LS1s beating N/A Cobras.

Sladester2

Established Member
With all due respect and coming from an ex 01 Z28 owner, there are turds from every make of cars. Your statement can be said about LS1s beating N/A Cobras.

Except that doesn't make sense because until 03-04 LS1's generally had the upper hand on Cobras and still did by a little in 01.

A 97 Cobra stock vs a stock LS1 doesn't have the upper hand. Unless the LS1 is a turd.

Users who are viewing this thread