01' Exhaust on an 03' Does it fit?

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I am partial to dynomax exhaust, and they have a 3 inch system for 99,01 cobras, my question is there any difference in an 01 exhaust and a 03 exhaust. I know it has been discussed before but I can't find it with the search.

rboscht

Established Member
99,01 Exhaust will fit 03

99,01 Exhaust will fit the 03's...they may altered the mufflers for the 03 system but i know 99and 01 systems will fit the 03.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?
I am partial to dynomax exhaust, and they have a 3 inch system for 99,01 cobras, my question is there any difference in an 01 exhaust and a 03 exhaust. I know it has been discussed before but I can't find it with the search.
A few people have installed the stock '99-'01 Cobra cat-backs on their 2003 Cobra's here so it should fit OK.

Grey03

Established Member
I have the 3" dynomax and it went on easy, no problems. The only disadvantage is that it is not all Stainless. Although I have driven mine all winter in the snow and the only rust is on the muffler welds.

beepx22

Established Member
yeah Grey03, how do they sound, Ive been thinking the Dynomax too, my dad works at Tenneco (the company that owns Dynomax) and im layed off from there, so i get a one time a year discount...

beepx22

Established Member
yeah Grey03, how do they sound, Ive been thinking the Dynomax too, my dad works at Tenneco (the company that owns Dynomax) and im layed off from there, so i get a one time a year discount...

Grey03

Established Member
beepx22
I still have the stock h-pipe and it sounds pretty good, not real loud but much better than stock. It is a decent system, but for the same price you can get a magnaflow that is stainless steal.

Grey03

Established Member
Ok sorry I didn't see your post Got Icon. The sound is rather mellow compared to my 00 Gt with a flowmaster cat-back. The flowmaster had a much deeper sound. The dynomax being a straight through design has a different sound that is deep but not close to a set of flowmasters. Performance wise I think the system works very well, I ran 113.5 mph with it and only a drop in filter, and Im not the best driver in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread