01 Lightning takes out 2 stangs/2 supras/wrx/camaroSS

TheGoaT

Established Member
Originally posted by 1fastslamdsg
Originally posted by EvoOwner
Awesome vids. You really know how to launch your L.

:beer:

what type of traction bars are you using? if any

truktracs. The good launch is all in the burnout. Nittos really have to be heated up.

TheGoaT

Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
I am confused ..... I understand a fast truck but the single turbo supra should of killed you on the top end. I guess it was the one on the right in the video...? The one that was catching you. GOOD KILL!

I shut off at about 110. If I kept going he most likely would have caught me. The thing about racing is its about 40% the car, and 60% the driver.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Dayum! Nice kills! You must be one of those guys who can take a 13 second car and make it a 12 second car just on driver skill. :thumbsup:

TheGoaT

Established Member
Originally posted by Blade
Dayum! Nice kills! You must be one of those guys who can take a 13 second car and make it a 12 second car just on driver skill. :thumbsup:

lol I wouldnt go that far. I just have lots of practice!

TheGoaT

Established Member
Originally posted by 1fastslamdsg
did you dump all the f1's and went with 4 nitto's
and have you dynod your truck yet and whats your mileage?

I still run F1s up front, with nitto 555Rs in the back. I dynoed 454RWHP and 542RWTQ. I get 10-11 mpg in the city and the truck has 14k miles on it.

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by TheGoaT
You have to right click and save as the first two.

Awesome. I think the boys at supraforums.com would really enjoy the Supra video...The amount of excuses it would produce would provide hours of viewing pleasure LOL.

1fastslamdsg

Established Member
I still run F1s up front, with nitto 555Rs in the back. I dynoed 454RWHP and 542RWTQ. I get 10-11 mpg in the city and the truck has 14k miles on it.

gonna buy me some nitto 555Rs as the F1 are sh*t

our trucks are very similar, i've been debating on --should i put that top pulley on or go back down to a #4lower then do the top pulley.

good runs, your a very good driver:beer:
like to see you run a E55 amg or a modded 03 cobra

Lagtime

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBri
Awesome. I think the boys at supraforums.com would really enjoy the Supra video...The amount of excuses it would produce would provide hours of viewing pleasure LOL.

If it's even half as much fun as the 03 Cobra vs. E55 AMG threads were I'm in. :beer:

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by Lagtime
If it's even half as much fun as the 03 Cobra vs. E55 AMG threads were I'm in. :beer:

LOL. Yeah, it's funny because the Cobra guys pulled out the "SupraForums Excuse Playbook" on that thread and got flamed to high heaven. Hell, we even used the allmighty "he lost but was just about to pass him" (which is true:p ) and got ill treatment. :??: Did we perhaps break some kind of intellectual property rights that you guys had on that particular excuse? :shrug: :beer:

Last edited:

Lagtime

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBri
LOL. Yeah, it's funny because the Cobra guys pulled out the "SupraForums Excuse Playbook" on that thread and got flamed to high heaven. Hell, we even used the allmighty "he lost but was just about to pass him" (which is true:p ) and got ill treatment. :??: Did we perhaps break some kind of intellectual property rights that you guys had on that particular excuse? :shrug: :beer:

It's bad enough if you beat one of us, but to use our carefully thought out and time tested excuses, well, that's just going too far.

(At least you don't have any intercooler hoses to blow off. Yet.) ;)

1fastslamdsg

Established Member
The thing about racing is its about 40% the car, and 60% the driver.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

you got to give the TheGoaT credit :thumbsup:

how many people would have believed that a lightning would have destroyed that wrx out of the hole, blows the whole theory to magazine racing

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by Lagtime
It's bad enough if you beat one of us, but to use our carefully thought out and time tested excuses, well, that's just going too far.

(At least you don't have any intercooler hoses to blow off. Yet.) ;)

Yet.... :beer: ;-)

silverzz28

Established Member
Here are some vids of my truck in action.
The 4.6 Mustang has a built short block with a S trim blower and TKO transmission. The SS had a lid, and exhaust. The foxbody had a built motor with a kenne bell blower. The wrx had midpipe and turbo upgrades, One of the supras was stock Twin turbos, the other had an aftermarket Single turbo.

4.6 and camaro SS

foxbody and wrx

2 Supras

Nice videos... :bowdown:

BTW you guys seem to dyno high for the mods you have. Just curious what kind of dyno were you on? Is that SAE or STD ? Just curious

Wh1teLightning

Originally posted by drkchk03svt
I am confused ..... I understand a fast truck but the single turbo supra should of killed you on the top end. I guess it was the one on the right in the video...? The one that was catching you. GOOD KILL!

i have to say.. for a single turbo supra that car looks SLOW.. unless that viper was making BIG power that supra should have left him.. What kinda turbo does it have?
Good kill to the lightning.. i think the supra would have needed to run to BIG mph to pull past you..
d.

Users who are viewing this thread