01 Silver Cobra Cpe only 1900 miles

Deanpug

Established Member
Scca_Ev said:
He is still sensitive...:whine:

Aren't used car salesman one notch below lawyers?
Look pal, I run a Chrysler Jeep store in Hershey, PA. Five Star through Chrysler. Not a used car salesman trying to rip someone off, just offer a nice unit at a price just over what I had to pay to trade it. Keep your smart ass remarks to yourself or stay off this post.

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
omg will you guys STFU! its his focking car! he can sell it for whatever the hell he wants to! if you dont want to pay for it dont buy it! hes not making you, if you think the price is too high then dont pay it! you guys are acting like he is forcing you to buy his car.....

sorry Dean, i just cant believe some people in this thread. good luck with the sale and TTT for a gorgeous low mile cobra

Deanpug

Established Member
terrible one said:
omg will you guys STFU! its his focking car! he can sell it for whatever the hell he wants to! if you dont want to pay for it dont buy it! hes not making you, if you think the price is too high then dont pay it! you guys are acting like he is forcing you to buy his car.....

sorry Dean, i just cant believe some people in this thread. good luck with the sale and TTT for a gorgeous low mile cobra
Thanks, I couldn't have said it better.

fangstang

Established Member
Good luck with the sale. Its rare you run into one this low in mileage. If I had the means for an extra car, I'd jump all over it.

muzikmanwi

Established Member
Sounds like a fair price for that car to me. The people who are trying to lowball you probably don't have the money anyway. Had a 1950 mile 98 sell for $18,500 about 6 months ago 22 miles from my house. I offered $17,500 and was told no that he would get the amount he wanted and sure enough he did.

Deanpug

Established Member
muzikmanwi said:
Sounds like a fair price for that car to me. The people who are trying to lowball you probably don't have the money anyway. Had a 1950 mile 98 sell for $18,500 about 6 months ago 22 miles from my house. I offered $17,500 and was told no that he would get the amount he wanted and sure enough he did.
I know, I have seen some incredible comments on these forums. Oh well.

Deanpug

Established Member
$18,650

Ok, Getting ready to pull the trigger on something else and don't want to keep this 01. I own it for 18,500 plus $150 service. First 18,650 gets it.
And please, no negative remarks. Thanks, Dean

Scca_Ev

Plays in traffic
Established Member
twstdsvt said:
Hes the one selling the car, if you dont like the price then look elsewhere :bash:
Clearly you are missing the point. If you had read my comments, they are directed towards his :bs: attitude and rude responses.

When you post in a forum, comments are inevitable. It's a forum, not an advertisement. I didn't say a word until he responded with what some people would consider and out of line comment. Posting "Please, keep your input, your input and not on this thread." is an invitation for responses, and some may be negative.

IMHO, he threw the first rock, I just tossed it back.

I hope he does get what he wants for the car honestly. But to rebuke those who may/are be interested in a rude fashion for trying to get a lower price isn't good for some who purports to be a professional in the car business. Asking for a lower price is called negotiation.

Good luck on your sale DeanPug

Last edited:

Deanpug

Established Member
It's all Ok guys. I may have gotten too sensitive early on and no hard feelings. It is a (public) forum and as long as I have been in the business, I should have known better. I do apologize! The car is getting a lot of action at our store so who knows. Someone will be getting a cherry ride whoever ends up with it.

Again, no hard feelings with anyone. We all are here to help eachother and hopefully, mutually benefit from this forum. Most of us are here to help and learn and I have gotten an awful lot of knowledge on these cars over the last few years. Let's move on and continue the positive forum we have all helped to form.

I look forward to continue driving, enjoying, then selling Cobra's. Always terminators though.

Thanks, Dean

Last edited:

coreseller

Established Member
You were right to get offended initially. Crapping all over someone's ad in a for sale forum is BullSh*t. PM the guy selling and try to work out a deal instead of placing the ad in a bad light for everyone else to see. I've been in the sales business longer than 20 years and learned long ago to walk away from whistled*cks like that, there are too many other professional people to deal with. Dealing with people like that is inviting a headache, my 2 cents.

jpicc

Established Member
First of all the car is Dean's plan and simple. What-ever he wants to sell it for is his business. Second of all he isn't the saleman @ the dealership, he runs the dealership. He bought my 03 Cobra from me, that Lurker now own's. He was nothing but professional from start to finish, and even after the sale. If I was to buy another Cobra I would call him first to see what he had. I personally think the car is worth every penny he asking for it. Low mileage cars are worth what-ever someone is willing to pay, you can't go by "book value". I know I would have no problem spending more money on one.

Good luck Dean.

Mr Incredible

Established Member
Deanpug said:
Look pal, I run a Chrysler Jeep store in Hershey, PA.

Has anyone heard Dane Cook's skit where he's dealing with the Burger King employee:D He says the guy calls him "pal". To everyone else sounded like pal to him sounded like f*%# face. Like pal in a f*%$# face coating. Like f*&% pal face. :lol:

That's kinda what that sounded like to me:-D
Sweet car just traded mine off the beginning of the year with 30,000 miles and got $16k trade in so you don't seem overpriced to me.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread