'02 Lightning, Big Block Chevy build.. :)

95PGTTech

Established Member
i say to move this tread to SD and let him really have it.
put that BB in a S10 or something. leave the poor lightning alone. what did it ever do to you?

it's not really all that special as you all make it out like, it's one of thousands built and falling in value by the minute. it will take another fifty years before any of them climb in value instead of decrease.

I don't see why you all aren't celebrating it as possibly going to be another epic-fast Lightning.

oh wait, I know. since he isn't doing the cookie-cutter, middle-of-the-road, everyone-and-their-mother does it recipe, he's going to get flamed. because the modular setup is so without flaw, so without failure, so without disappointment, so without cost, so without finnickiness, so without overcomplication...it's the BEST powerplant...EVER!!! In any situation! Got cancer? Just add a modular, problem solved!!!

4a7191a

Established Member
still say it it would be better in an s10 or something chevy, and leave to poor lightning with some dignity. btw the mod motor in the 03-04 cobra probley is one of the better powerplants to use, as far as lightning's go. our heads and rods suck in stock form when doing to much power. as far as value, i think 15k plus value on a 10 year old truck isnt bad. they have a lightning at a local stealership forsale for 24k. not bad for a 03 IMO

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Post #41 for best post in lightning history. 100% truth.

If you want to see a BB in a s10, go do it yourself and stop telling others what to do with their money.

I'm enjoying hacking my truck up to put a dodge transmission in it. Easy, hell no. Worth it, hell yes.

It's nice to see someone not putting your basic heads/cams/twin screw package in a lightning. Right now the fastest IMO street Lightning is someone who built a TT set up in his garage and tune it himself. Now that IS impressive. Most others who are faster are race cars with a "lightning" body.

I hope this chevy swap his 9's without spray and makes the "only 9's is cool on boost only" crowd cry.

Last edited:

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Any updates on this build Travis? I'm not a huge fan of bowtie's in Fords but in the name of going fast I'm all for it! Not sure why guys get so worked up over it. I've been thinking about going another route for my truck as well. I think I could build a nice pushrod powerplant for much cheaper than another mod motor however I do like my factory I/C system. No matter what I build next a nice power adder is on the list and a good I/C system will be important.

4a7191a

Established Member
i know its not my money. dur..... as far as 9's. he better do around 800 at the wheels and strip the truck to save weight. then it wont be street leagal anyways having a carb. instead of FI. emissions suck.
btw OP ill be goin to houma pretty soon, thats where my mothers side of the family is from. mardi gras ! ! !

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
OP who's the truck for and what color? I must know of him since he is in houma. Only person I know of that's doing a build is travis buddy Josh I think his name is. Has a true blue L...I think.

And we do not have emissions test here. Street legal also is a matter of opinion. You can legally drive and register a vehicle but it can still not be legal. For example modded exhaust.

Last edited:

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
OP who's the truck for and what color? I must know of him since he is in houma. Only person I know of that's doing a build is travis buddy Josh I think his name is. Has a true blue L...I think.

And we do not have emissions test here. Street legal also is a matter of opinion. You can legally drive and register a vehicle but it can still not be legal. For example modded exhaust.

OP is Travis....

pwrshft99

Established Member
To each his own but if cost really is the issue, sell the lightning(even as a roller) to someone who appreciates it and scoop up a high mile V6 F150 for next to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread