02 Sensors or MIL Eliminators?

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
Just got back in town and about to get the Cobra back on the road. Last time I drove it was a little over a month ago. I had a service engine light so I took it to Autozone to have the engine code read. The code was for both bank one and bank two 02 sensors. I have long tubes on the car and no cats. can I replace them with new 02 sensors or do I have to buy after market sensors. (MIL Eliminators) If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just got back in town and about to get the Cobra back on the road. Last time I drove it was a little over a month ago. I had a service engine light so I took it to Autozone to have the engine code read. The code was for both bank one and bank two 02 sensors. I have long tubes on the car and no cats. can I replace them with new 02 sensors or do I have to buy after market sensors. (MIL Eliminators) If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

If you're running LT's with no cats you need to have the rear 02's turned off in the tune or run MIL eliminators. You'll also find out that most companies such as ourselves don't sell MILs anymore as they are highly illegal to possess. So if you don't have Mils already it's time to get a programmer..

Hope that helps. Jared

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I have MILs...work like a charm mine has never been tuned however...

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
The car does have a tune on it but I do not have a programmer it was on the car when I got it. I am not sure if they were turned off or if they are mils. I am going to first try spraying carb cleaner in the harness and see if that will fix it. If not I am going to have to buy 02 sensors. I cant believe that you cant buy mil eliminators anymore. will 02 sensors work if there is already a tune turning them off. If they are turned off why would it throw a code? I guess I will experiment and see what happens. Any further advice is appreciated.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Im having almost the same problem as you.

Just put an offroad X on....turned the sensors off with my predator and it still pulled codes on me.

Had my tuner check, and turn off the rear heater banks, hoping to fix it, and still same codes.

I have the sensors removed, and just plugged the holes in the pipe.

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
Hey thanks a lot I appreciate you doing the research for me. Just by chance what do I search for when looking for them mil eliminators. Do I just search for 02 sensors. I really do appreciate the help.

Users who are viewing this thread