03-04 Cobra bumper conversion...?

txyaloo

Established Member
For the 99/01, all you need are the fog lights and bezels. The light connectors are exactly the same between it and the GT. Everything else bolts right up.

The 03/04 bumpers just do look right w/o a heat exchanger stuffed behind them. I did an 01 bumper swap on my mach, and it looked bad ass.

Blackness03

Established Member
For the 99/01, all you need are the fog lights and bezels. The light connectors are exactly the same between it and the GT. Everything else bolts right up.

The 03/04 bumpers just do look right w/o a heat exchanger stuffed behind them. I did an 01 bumper swap on my mach, and it looked bad ass.

thats where the intercooler goes :burnout:

txyaloo

Established Member
thats where the intercooler goes :burnout:

Uhh, no. The intercooler goes under the super charger, and the heat exchanger goes behind the front bumper. And as I said, the 03/04 bumpers don't look right without a heat exchanger behind them.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
the cobra hood is a bit longer.

It sits higher also. if you look my avatar, you can see that i put the 03 Cobra hood on first witha stock GT bumper. at least an inch gap. i have the matching front clip on now, so i'm going to have to get off my ass and update. ;-)

Uhh, no. The intercooler goes under the super charger, and the heat exchanger goes behind the front bumper. And as I said, the 03/04 bumpers don't look right without a heat exchanger behind them.

Yup. :beer:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
The 03 bumpers look horrible when they're not on a cobra.

Not if it's fitted with a matching hood. i can honestly say that Beast looks amazing now. give me some time to get some new pics..

BTW- i did all of this because of the superior cooling, not esthetics. but it wound up looking pretty decent :thumbsup:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
i put an 03/04 on a buddy's 01 cobra. the hood on the 01 came down too far and hit the top of the 03/04 bumper. it fit. but BARELY, and it chipped the fresh paint on the top of the bumper.

i would do a 99/01 cobra with mach 1 chin.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I bought a direct replacement for an 03/04 cobra, the cobra hood doesnt sit in the grooves in the 99-04 GT front bumper. If you ever noticed the 2 pieces around the top of the grille is grooved for the GT hood, the cobra bumper doesnt have it, thus why there is such a gap problem in the bumpers. I have a hofibertrends 2 1/2" cowl hood on mine and fits perfect with the 03/04 cobra bumper

Users who are viewing this thread