03-04 Cobra bumper conversion...?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
OK,
So I’ve finally decided on replacing my bumper with an 03-04 Cobra one.

I found a place that will color match a new one for $329, but installation is up to me.

My question is…

What else will I need for the complete conversion?

Other than fogs/bezels, and grill delete what will I need?

Will it match up to the stock GT bumper cover brackets?

Any info and/or links for what I will need and the best place to get it would be great!

Thanks!

:beer:

txyaloo

Established Member
That is completely retarded Rodney. If you want to put a cobra bumper on your car, go with a 99-01. The 03 bumpers look horrible when they're not on a cobra.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
That is completely retarded Rodney. If you want to put a cobra bumper on your car, go with a 99-01. The 03 bumpers look horrible when they're not on a cobra.

I hate you.

Last edited:

SBSnake

Established Member
hey Rodney...its chris from Mayhem in case you dont remember haha. i say go for it, i love the look of the 03-04 bumpers but keep in mind with the little lip spoiler on it the front will sit just a tad lower than the sideskirts...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
like others have said.. you'll need the entire front clip from an 03 Cobra, since they changed the look slightly from the 01 Cobra, and nothing will line up correctly.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
like others have said.. you'll need the entire front clip from an 03 Cobra, since they changed the look slightly from the 01 Cobra, and nothing will line up correctly.

what are you smoking :dw: I put an 03 cobra bumper on my 00 GT and it fits perfect.

I say go for it, what i did was drill out the brackets from the gt bumper, and go to home depot, get thin long bolts, nuts and washers and bolt the brackets to the cobra bumper. Fit like a charm :beer:

Blackness03

Established Member
03-04 front bumper needs the hood and the rest of the parts...do an 01 cobra front bumper

no you dont need a new hood. i did the swap on my gt and it bolted right up. imo it looks a 100% better then the gt bumper. only thing you need is the foglights and the other piece used to mount them. i got my bumper from certifit for $155 and had a bodyshop paint it for $150. i made 200bux off of that because the insurance company gave me a check to have somebody else fix it and i just fixed it myself.

sdpkbq.jpg

347fbs1.jpg

33ku893.jpg

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
your car is a GT right?

if its an OEM bumper It won't line up right...there will be gaps between the top of the bumper and the hood since the cobra hood is a bit longer.

stick with the 99-01 bumper..it will look better.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
no you dont need a new hood. i did the swap on my gt and it bolted right up. imo it looks a 100% better then the gt bumper. only thing you need is the foglights and the other piece used to mount them. i got my bumper from certifit for $155 and had a bodyshop paint it for $150. i made 200bux off of that because the insurance company gave me a check to have somebody else fix it and i just fixed it myself.

sdpkbq.jpg

347fbs1.jpg

33ku893.jpg

you purchased a cheapie replacement that was designed as a replacement for a GT...that's why yours fit. That bumper wouldn't fit on a 03 cobra.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
If you go with an 03/04 you will need the 03/04 bumper support, it is a little longer so the bumper will be more sturdy.

Blackness03

Established Member
you purchased a cheapie replacement that was designed as a replacement for a GT...that's why yours fit. That bumper wouldn't fit on a 03 cobra.

i walked in the store and told them i needed a front bumper cover for a 03/04 cobra. i know of 4 other guys around here that has done the same thing with no problems at all

SpectorV

Established Member
radiator cover part that goes behind the running horse (from a mach 1 or 03/04 cobra ONLY (well maybe 99-01 cobra as well as the factory one that some 99-04 v6/gt's had is NOT the right part), a running pony for 99-04 cobra/mach 1, chin spoiler for your bumper, fog light bezels, fog lights, fog light harnesses (different from gt).

installation is VERY easy for a front bumper as well.

Blackness03

Established Member
radiator cover part that goes behind the running horse (from a mach 1 or 03/04 cobra ONLY (well maybe 99-01 cobra as well as the factory one that some 99-04 v6/gt's had is NOT the right part), a running pony for 99-04 cobra/mach 1, chin spoiler for your bumper, fog light bezels, fog lights, fog light harnesses (different from gt).

installation is VERY easy for a front bumper as well.

MUCH easier then the foxbodies. i love how easy it is to take the headlights out too

Users who are viewing this thread