03-04 Cobra IRS cover options

rtvickers

Established Member
What is the best option (other than a SRA swap) for the IRS diff housing? Cover or a brace? Whats best/strongest cover and what's the best/strongest brace?

CtSvt

Established Member
I went with the FRPP cover because FTBR had it in stock when I ordered their bushing kit . Its going to be hard to prove that ones better than the other when it comes to the covers. My stock cover started to leak and I never wanted to have to deal with it again so I went with the Full tilt boogie kit and the Diff cover .

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Id go cover all the way, I run the ford racing cover its a nice peice and i have over 75 passes on IRS holding up good so far

b_dike

Established Member
Yep... the brace is only a band-aid. I have a lpw that'll be installed later this summer. So I can't say which cover is better, but from my understanding they're basically equal.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Go with a cover. I am currently running a brace and it works but my stock cover is also starting to leak. I have a Ford Racing one here just waiting to get all of my IRS parts in before I have the cover changed out. Get the milled cover from FTBR that way you can run the rear mount they have for it.

From personal experience, my BF brace leaked twice on the oem cover.

Have had the Ford Racing cover for almost 1 year and about 10k and it hasn't leaked. I would not recommend the BF brace. And I would strongly recommend that you get the FR cover from Bruce at FTBR and have it milled so you can also install his 3rd IRS diff mount and busing. That has made a monumental difference in my wheel hop issues alone. And I don't even have the complete FTBR kit on my 03.

cj428mach

Established Member
go with the cover, its more work but its a fix not a bandaid. i love my cover.

Jefe

Established Member
Just put my LPW cover on. Such a nice piece. Cant go wrong with FRPP either. Tossed the stock one in the trash

Users who are viewing this thread