03/04 Cobra needs to beat 06 Z06

Juiced-03

Established Member
I think you might be a little high on your estimate. I think ~500 would do it. Of course, simple weight reduction on these cars does not hurt! There was a pretty good thread on here that discussed what it would take to beat one.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I think you might be a little high on your estimate. I think ~500 would do it. Of course, simple weight reduction on these cars does not hurt! There was a pretty good thread on here that discussed what it would take to beat one.

I missed it I will look for it right now. 500rwhp would give us a 7.24:1 ratio calculating the weight of our cars without driver to be 3620lbs. Makes us pretty close. I have a feeling the Z will get more power to the ground at launch and also has a ton less drag at the 120mph finish line in the quarter. This is whay I was thinking 6:1 would make a nice margin for this.

03DOHC

Established Member
I would love a Whipple under my hood and I certainly wouldn't be prejudiced against a Kenne Bell. :)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03DOHC said:
I would love a Whipple under my hood. :)

I'm your huckleberry!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234378

$2800 (less for you though)

555707_127_full.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Man, I would love to have those damn red pulleys.

03_svtzilla

Banned
i do

MY car is getting button up right now will be on the dyno next week for sure i will have some numbers for you i have a 88mm and suportin mods should be north of 780 to 850 rwhp before the 50 shot of jug. :)

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yates...Man said:
By my estimates we need to make approx 600 rwhp to outrun the 3130 lb beast in the quarter and from the redlights.

Anyone take a Z out with less yet??

3130:455 rwhp of Z06= 6.89:1

3600:600 rwhp of 03/04 Snk =6:1 we should be good to go against a stocker.

Some research I am contemplating keeping the 03 for.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235054
I don't think a ported eaton will cut it. Maybe a ported blower on juice or just a KB or Whipple. Those things move! A good friend of mine has his on order and will receive delivery the first week of december. I can't wait for a ride in that thing. I've held off buying mine because of other financial/investment obligations.

TNTramair

Established Member
i think 550rwhp cobra would keep up with one till about 110-120..after that, areo-dynamics will play a huge part in it obviously. would be interesting to see though.

pardon my ignorance but...typically what do whipple and KB cobras trap???

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Yeah, all of this to keep up with a stock z06, it's gonna get bad when they throw a procharger at it.

I bet you with just slicks the z06 is going to trounce on almost everything.

Edit: I just read your post, you have far too much speculation and not nearly enough facts. You're going to have to wait and see unfortunately. High compression might be an issue for force feeding them, nothing bigger injectors and higher octane gas won't fix though =p

Last edited:

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
MY car is getting button up right now will be on the dyno next week for sure i will have some numbers for you i have a 88mm and suportin mods should be north of 780 to 850 rwhp before the 50 shot of jug. :)

That is what I'm talking about, we need pics!!!!!

Any bottom end concerns? I know the turbo option is a little easier on things from what I read.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
At 70k most Z06's will be owned by balding, middle-aged guys, most of whom wont be doing any modding. I would feel more confident racing against one if I had a 302 stroker with Stage II Crower cams and a KB.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
4tun8 said:
Yeah, all of this to keep up with a stock z06, it's gonna get bad when they throw a procharger at it.

I bet you with just slicks the z06 is going to trounce on almost everything.

Edit: I just read your post, you have far too much speculation and not nearly enough facts. You're going to have to wait and see unfortunately. High compression might be an issue for force feeding them, nothing bigger injectors and higher octane gas won't fix though =p

Considering how thin the block on the LS-7 has been bored.... It might just really be interesting...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
4tun8 said:
, nothing bigger injectors and higher octane gas won't fix though =p

What is that going to solve? If that is the case then you will most lkely not see to many on the street because they will need to be running some very, very high octane, way above 100 oct if they are going to use some serious boost. You can only go so rich before you start having problems as bad or worse than running lean.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Z06's are putting down 460 rwhp in stock trim. A Cobra will need atleast 550 rwhp to be even and more to pull ahead.

A Cobra with c/p/i/e and a few other bolt ons raced a C6 Z from 60-160 and was about 6 cars behind. I am not sure how much rwhp the Cobra was putting down, but from the usual c/p/i/e Cobras, I am assuming about 460-470 rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread