03/04 Cobra Vert vs. CTS-V Coupe

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Well,

It has been a DRY race season since I bought my car. I mean NO races worth a damn to post. Until today!

I was literally MMOB when a black 03/04 Cobra vert rolls up next to me and by the time I look over to recognize it, he dumps it and pulls on me! LOL Yes, I was :sleeping: so then I sped up and got ready to see if he wanted to run again with me awake!

I back it down to 2nd and 40mph and he slows and matches me and looks over with a smile and I give him the "go-ahead" wave. He mats it and I do the same. I can hear his eaton over my TVS for a sec then I start to pull and put a couple of cars on him by 4th. I let out and slow down as I need to turn off so I roll down the window and give him a wave and he returns it.

He ends up following and we pull off a sec and chat. He complemented the car and it's exhaust and asked if it was modded. Yep and told him what was done. I asked him and he said his car was making 500rwhp. Cool guy and good, safe, quick race! :rockon:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Sweet race. I like the CTS-V's. Very clean cars and super comfortable.

I hear you on the dry race season...I haven't had a good run in months now. :nonono:

Sounds like it was a good, clean run. Good kill. :beer:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Good kill! I would love a V for my "family" car. Same color as yours too, I would want a 4 door though.

04svtterm

Established Member
damn a coupe too! love the new CTS-V. would like one of those diamond edition ones or whatever they are called. Wish they were tall people friendly

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill, why did u ditch the 997 so quickly? Do you normally just keep cars for a year and trade?

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Good kill, why did u ditch the 997 so quickly? Do you normally just keep cars for a year and trade?

LOL, I had it about 1 1/2 years. Usually about 2 years or so but the V will hang around longer! It is more versatile for sure!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Good kill! I would love a V for my "family" car. Same color as yours too, I would want a 4 door though.

+1 the only car I would consider letting my Shelby go for. What is the general safe hp range for the V and what does it cost to get there mod wise?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well,

It has been a DRY race season since I bought my car. I mean NO races worth a damn to post. Until today!

I was literally MMOB when a black 03/04 Cobra vert rolls up next to me and by the time I look over to recognize it, he dumps it and pulls on me! LOL Yes, I was :sleeping: so then I sped up and got ready to see if he wanted to run again with me awake!

I back it down to 2nd and 40mph and he slows and matches me and looks over with a smile and I give him the "go-ahead" wave. He mats it and I do the same. I can hear his eaton over my TVS for a sec then I start to pull and put a couple of cars on him by 4th. I let out and slow down as I need to turn off so I roll down the window and give him a wave and he returns it.

He ends up following and we pull off a sec and chat. He complemented the car and it's exhaust and asked if it was modded. Yep and told him what was done. I asked him and he said his car was making 500rwhp. Cool guy and good, safe, quick race! :rockon:

Your lucky it wasn't me!!!
Good to see you are still around!

evolve

Established Member
Nice kill and clean ride! I am going to the LA Auto show to see the debut of the ATS-V. I want one so bad.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
+1 the only car I would consider letting my Shelby go for. What is the general safe hp range for the V and what does it cost to get there mod wise?

We have guys running 9s on the stock bottom end.

Pulley, CAI, and a tune gets me 565/580. Add a cam and long tube headers and you are about 620ish rwhp.

For me, parts, dyno tune, and labor is about 2k. The ZR1 cam kit is about 300 and 450 install.

We do have guys running 650rwhp and up to 750 on the juice with no issues.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
No thread bout our run :coolman:

Good kill on the 03-04.

LOL, True, we never got anything clean but you got me by almost 200rwhp! That's like clubbing seals! On the slow stuff where I get traction I can pull initially but them you real me in like a caught fish!!! :rockon:

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I call :bs:

His S/C belt was slipping or even OFF! Had to be, 'cause I raced a :bowdown:Terminator when it was on jack-stands and STILL lost!!

Then, the :bowdown:Cobra emblem jumped off the fender, slashed my tires, and stole two cylinders!!!

:bowdown:Terminators can only loose to other :bowdown:Terminators, and even then, they must sacrifice a 5.0 before the race to the :bowdown:SVT Priests..........

I'm V6 now...........:cryying:

lol
BEAUTIFUL car and good kill!! Love both cars!!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Wow!
Lots of hating on the Terminators!! LOL!

OK. Here is my official and public call out for Doc GTO in CTSV.

Funday Sunday is this weekend at Orlando Speed World.
Lets do this!!

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
We have guys running 9s on the stock bottom end.

Pulley, CAI, and a tune gets me 565/580. Add a cam and long tube headers and you are about 620ish rwhp.

For me, parts, dyno tune, and labor is about 2k. The ZR1 cam kit is about 300 and 450 install.

We do have guys running 650rwhp and up to 750 on the juice with no issues.

I'm thinking of adding a CTS-V to the stable. Do you have a forum recommendation for my education before purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread