03/04 svt cobra bumper

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Great thread! I need new paint on my bumper, think I may go this route and order a new bumper and just keep my oem one tucked away!

subobo0411

Established Member
Hey Guys - Thought I would jump in and give you my experience with this since I have a little bit different opinion than everyone else has had so far... After reading this thread and how happy everyone was with their experience with these sellers on Ebay, I decided to try to save a few bucks and go this route too rather than getting a new bumper and having a local body shop paint it for me. My original bumper had holes in from the license plate and it had see it's fair share of rock chips.

I ended up going with the one from "MBIAuto" based on some of the previous comments. Communication with the seller was great and I got the bumper in about a week (which in my opinion is very fast given they painted it and shipped in that time frame). It arrived similar to Woody's pictures... it was very well packaged (bubble wrapped, boxed, and wrapped) and was very happy with that. Paint match was spot on, but my car is black so I'm not sure that it's that hard to match. Fitment is was pretty good, it's not perfect, but it's pretty close. However, that is the last positive thing I can really say about it. Upon closer inspection there where several flaws: 1) Several bumps/dirt or dust nibs/etc. - not a ton, but definitely noticeable if your looking for something wrong with it, 2) Areas of over spray/rough finish and dull shine, particularly around the fog light bezels (this was what was probably the worst - looks like complete BEEP) and 3) Small paint run (again not super noticeable, but you can see it if you're look for it). Does it look terrible?...No. It looks 200% better than my weathered old bumper. However, is it perfect though, definitely not, not even close.

It may just be me and my experience, but I think as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. IMHO, if you're looking to save a few bucks and get something quick that looks pretty good, this is will do and is perfect for you. However, if you're a perfectionist like me and want only the best for your car, do yourself a favor and get it done right, by a good local body shop.

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
That's interesting. I used MBIAuto, too. My car is also black, and my paint looks great. I just went out and looked at it again and can't find any flaws or blemishes whatsoever. I wonder if you are unlucky or if I am very lucky?

subobo0411

Established Member
That's interesting. I used MBIAuto, too. My car is also black, and my paint looks great. I just went out and looked at it again and can't find any flaws or blemishes whatsoever. I wonder if you are unlucky or if I am very lucky?

I don't know... the seller has 100% for 30,000+ transactions so I have to believe their work has to be consistently good. Maybe I'm just really picky or maybe I just had bad luck... I looked at the bumper again this morning and it's around the fog bezels and H/E opening (around the vertical supports) where it's pretty bad and rough. I've contacted the seller to see what he can do about this, so we'll see...

Woody6799

Established Member
just an fyi I used "onlinepartbin" not "MBIAuto" my bezels and supports are perfect. That sucks you had a bad experience.

bauto

Established Member
in there listing they say they will make it right if you have issues , I sent them a message about my paint code e8 comes in 2 stage and 3 stage and they said no problem we can do that so im guessing if you contact them they will send you another bumper keep us updated regards bob

subobo0411

Established Member
in there listing they say they will make it right if you have issues , I sent them a message about my paint code e8 comes in 2 stage and 3 stage and they said no problem we can do that so im guessing if you contact them they will send you another bumper keep us updated regards bob

I spoke with someone from BMI today and it sounds like there going to try to make it right. I sent them a message last night and someone personally called me today to talk to me about the problem. They were really nice and have me somewhat hopeful they're going to fix it. I'm sending them pictures tonight and going from there. We'll see what happens...

Users who are viewing this thread