• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

03-04 tank venting

Discussion in 'The Distillery' started by old01cobra, Jun 3, 2018.

1. old01cobra

old01cobra Member Established Member

Installing a baffled tank that only has the fuel fill vent line port on the top hump. New edge cobra BTW. Just curious how you guys vent your tanks without the EVAP hole/line etc on these. If anyone has some pictures for some ideas that would be awesome. Setting up a return style fuel system.

Thanks guys.

2. Street Warrior

Street Warrior SVT Power Established Member

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having issues with an 03 set up.

3. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Man. I don't know how you aren't going to get a bunch of fumes without the evap system hooked up. I run a cell in my old CJ5 but those things are supposed to stink like gas. Plus it has a bikini top with no doors.

4. blackdak318

blackdak318 New Member

I installed a -6 roll over valve in the stock vent location and my fuel pumping issues went away. Mine is just open to air so you do have to be careful filling the tank. They also make them with a connection so you could coil some fuel line if you had a concern.

5. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Established Member

I’m doing a Coyote/Cobra IRS swap in a Fox, and I just picked up a stock ‘03-04 tank. It comes with all the hoses, etc
    I plan on a dual pump hat and return, but any problem keeping the stock tank venting?
    -J

6. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

The system is sealed, no venting. It'll detect a leak down to some ridiculous level.

I can't even imagine what a pain in the ass it would be to hook it up like stock but that would be best.