03 / 11.44 @ 122.71 on BFG 275 40 drag radial.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I was at MIR on 19th and 20th and I made a few passes. My best run as you see was an 11.44 @ 122.71, I also ran a 11.47 @ 122.26, 11.51 @ 122 an 11.55 @118 granny shifting 3rd and on the brakes and a 11.55 @119 missing 4th gear. That pass I had my best 1/8 mile a 7.35 @ 97mph. All other passes were all around 7.43 @ 96+. My best 60ft was a 1.66 and I missed 3rd gear about 3 or 4 times you know were it just doesn't want to go in right away and that was an 11.66 @ 120. The Sonic Blue car that was there ran a 11.7 @ 117. He has a Lightning upper, 6lb metco lower, BBk long tubes and off road h-pipe, 3" Mac cat back, ram air, chip,4.10 gears, and a 16" Hoosier Slick. He was the only other one running other than a stock Black Cobra. I've only got 1300miles on my car and a total of 12 passes (7 of them stock) I know the car has a couple of tenths left in it with chip work and some more seat time. I got the pulley, chip and drag radials all on the morning before the race so I think it ran pretty darn good. I thank Johnny Lightning for his awesome tuning and great product. He made my 01 Lightning fly, it had complete stock exhaust and suspension and ran a 12.18 @ 112 on F1's so he definetly knows his Sh#t.:thumbsup: :beer:

Last edited:

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Very nice work F8L, so you do have a chip (sig doesn't show it). Very nice work. You're obviously a driving fool! Was the other Cobra w/ mods that you mentioned having problems? Sounds like he had a similar setup but w/ more boost, more gear and better traction? Do you have a Pro 5.0 shifter on there yet? If not, you should, not saying it will fix every missed shift but it will certainly help! :)

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I knew I forgot something in my sig. I have the stock shifter, My main problem with the shifter is getting up close enough to reach 3rd. I'm 5'8 and my arms are only so long. I've been playing with seat adjustments and it helps a lot, this car sets you back with torque it has. The guy with the blue on I thing it has to due with driving he said he had problems and it sounded like he was not powershifting, he didn't miss any gears on the pass he made

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Congrats on your new times!:beer: The reason the blue car is not making the mph for the mods he has is because is overspinning the blower badly with lots of excessive heat.I would not go over 15 pounds of boost in these cars if you want the best 1/4 mile performance especially trap speed.

Matt

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
F8LBITE,

How's the 2.80" pulley? Any slippage problems, i.e. black dust?
What RPMs do you shift at? Are you worried about over-spinning that eaton blower?

Reason for all my questions is because I am also getting a 2.80" size pulley. I'm buying it from UPR and those guys are saying that there is absolutely no slippage problems if I just use the correct length belt...

Good runs, however!

totaled

Established Member
AWESOME!!

Great runs!!! It always amazed me how you could go so fast on the F1's with the L. You are obviously a great driver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Are you going to make an 11 second pass with F1's on the Cobra ?:-D

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I haven't seen any belt slippage yet. I works great. The chip program has a lot to do with it and mine was just something to try, there is a lot left in my chip. I shifted at different rpms, I've only been down the track about 6 times with that set up so anywhere between 5800 and 6200 rpm.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Awesome! Thanks!

What chip are you running? Diablo or Superchip?

The package that I got comes with a Superchip. Hopefully it's just as good as the others.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
I have the stock shifter, My main problem with the shifter is getting up close enough to reach 3rd. I'm 5'8 and my arms are only so long. I've been playing with seat adjustments and it helps a lot, this car sets you back with torque it has.

You can order a bushing kit from Pro-5.0 when you order their shortshifter. Tell them to keep the stubby short handle they send and just send you the bushing kit. That kit allows you to keep your factory handle w/ the nice 'S' kink in it KEEPING it in the stock location. The other side benefit of this is the shifter price drops from $209 to $179 when you omit the handle. Enjoy!

cobrakiller

Established Member
F8LBITE,
An ex-coworker of your's told me of your great times.....congrads.
He also said when he gets some mods on his 02 Z06 he'll come lookin for you!!!! What's next for your snake? I'd like to see what you could run on the stock tires. Maybe I'll see you at MIR or Capitol Mr. Godfrey.

Cobrakiller :beer:

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
Maybe you will see me. I hope to see you Cobrakiller. And I hope you or your friend who I'm pretty sure of who you are bring your very over price $50,000 Z06 so we can play.:beer: :chicken:

cobrakiller

Established Member
F8LBITE,
We'll be at MIR for T-n-T on Nov. 10th. Reaction time and shifting do count!!!!!! Remember it all in good fun!!!!!
BTW There are several 02 Z06's that run mid 11's w/DR and air filters in MD. Later Tommy.

Cobrakiller

cobrakiller

Established Member
Cobra Boys,
The below excerp is from www.z06vette.com

Ranger does it! 11.61 @ 120.54
Ranger is at Cecil Co. in search of good air and fast times. He has been keeping me posted after each run.

First run was 11.68 @ 119+, and he was warned not to do it again due to the lack of a roll bar.

Second run he practiced his launch and let off at the 1000 ft.

Third run he went for it - 11.61 @ 120.54 with 1.76 60ft.

Nobody said anything to him so he is back in the staging lanes for one more try. He has many 1.70 60fts under his belt. If he can do it tonight, he is solid into the 11.5x's.

This stock except for Halltech Tric and BFG Drag Radials. Not even a shifter.

Cobra Killer

randy

Established Member
1.66???????????somebody get somebody to build a track here in ventura at sea level..best 60' ever at LACR is 2.07 on dr's.....sigh

zul8r

Established Member
Those times are great. My question is - "wheres the roll cage"? If you have ran that many sub 11.50's you should have been thrown off the track? Just curious- do you have any time slips. Those #'s are a little hard to believe- but maybe your at one of the fastest tracks around- not sure? My 01 vortech supercharged GT with about a hundred mods to it ran a best 10.9+, usually low 11's- love mustangs- so dont start in on me. I have a 03 Z06 now too. I will be doing minor mods like air filter, exhaust and dr's- I am hoping for 11.7-8's out of it, with some practice- the track I run at is not the greatest- but its not too bad either. Then heads and cam and the 10's will come.
Good luck. Theres many Z06 owners that also have bought the 03 cobra. Theres alot of differences in the 2- but the cobra can be made straitline quick for alot cheaper- but the Z has alot more refinment and will out corner it.

zul8r

Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
Maybe you will see me. I hope to see you Cobrakiller. And I hope you or your friend who I'm pretty sure of who you are bring your very over price $50,000 Z06 so we can play.:beer: :chicken:

Obviously you have never ridden in a Z06, nor could ever own one. DOnt give me crap, because I too am a mustang owner and have had 3 of them, 2 that would leave your 03 cobra in the dust- no flame- just the truth.

Just imagine a Z06 with a supercharger on it with a few mods and a smaler pulley at that- could you say low 10's with over 600rwhp at 3100lbs:rolling: :rolling:

I dont understand why the majority of mustang owners like to rag on vettes, especially Z06's. Your modded cobra may be faster - straightline than a Z06- but its no where near the car. I have had them both- so I know what I am talking about. If you had $50k to spend I am sure you would not have bought the cobra. BTW I got my 50th ann 03 Z06 for $46000- -- wayyy better deal then most 03 cobra owners who had to pay thousands over sticker:cryying: :cryying:

No flame here just the truth. I love the 03 cobra and I a glad Ford stepped up to the plate-just makes GM do the same thing in years to come. The camaro will be back with about 400hp and the 05/06 Z06 will more than likely be a 427 with 500hp!!!!!

cobrakiller

Established Member
I've had 2 Mustangs and 1 F-body....I'll take the Z06 hands down!!!! It's not that I don't like the 03 Cobra, I do but the vette is just a better all around car.

Everyone need to remember it's all about the performance!!!!!!

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrakiller
Cobra Boys,
The below excerp is from www.z06vette.com

Ranger does it! 11.61 @ 120.54
Ranger is at Cecil Co. in search of good air and fast times. He has been keeping me posted after each run.

First run was 11.68 @ 119+, and he was warned not to do it again due to the lack of a roll bar.

Second run he practiced his launch and let off at the 1000 ft.

Third run he went for it - 11.61 @ 120.54 with 1.76 60ft.

Nobody said anything to him so he is back in the staging lanes for one more try. He has many 1.70 60fts under his belt. If he can do it tonight, he is solid into the 11.5x's.

This stock except for Halltech Tric and BFG Drag Radials. Not even a shifter.

Cobra Killer

Ranger does it? Ranger does what? Ranger runs slower than my '03?

Hey I was at Cecil tonight, I spoke at length with him seems like a nice guy. He did run (best as I can remember) what Cobrakiller said. We were discussing when the tech guys decide to throw one out out of the track for running 11's. I made three 11 seconds passes and nobody said anything to me.
BTW, my best in my '03, 11.410@ 122.98 with a 1.780 60 ft on BFG drag radials. Other mods, pulley chip and cat back.

JT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread