03 / 11.44 @ 122.71 on BFG 275 40 drag radial.

agbulit

Established Member
i could have had the z06 as well. the fact is that there are MANY people on this forum that could afford the vette. it is extremely arrogant for you z06 guys to assume that because we dont have a vette means we cant afford one. there is no oem car on the market that has more hp per dollar than the 03 cobra. that is a fact! quit showing your ars and move on.
:burn:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by rfat16
Not to be a prick but listen to yourselves. They are both awsome pieces of machinery. We need to pick on something that is not domestic.

I have to say one thing though. I am gonna buy a 03 cobra real soon but if i had the money i would buy a Z06. For a few reasons, one chev. ususally has a little better quality. and the most important for me is look at what a cobra does when you go to sell it. And then look at what corvettes do. They have proven themselves by holding value pretty well so thats why i would want one of them.

Thats just my 2 cents worth

For 15-20k more It should have better quality even though I disagree with you on that. PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

A's Cobra

Established Member
wait for the gt40 if you want to compare to z06's, vipers, & m3's, also throw in , any future camaro's, and probably a 427 vette. But the way nice qm time, and excellent 60 ft, what kind of lanch were you using?

Steve B

Established Member
Originally posted by rfat16
.... And then look at what corvettes do. They have proven themselves by holding value pretty well so thats why i would want one of them.

Thats just my 2 cents worth

Actually, you see more then a few complaints on vette boards about them not holding their resale value. With zero percent it can be cheaper to buy new from one of the the 'super' dealers, then used.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Well said, Xtra.

Let's get back on F8LBITE's topic of an 11.44 '03 Cobra on DR's.

Thank you.
zul8r, what part of this did you not understand?

Final warning, keep it on topic or apologize to F8L for ruining/getting locked a perfectly good thread...

Guys, please, do not feed the trolls...

Established Member
Originally posted by zul8r
Yeah well I know many a primered pos 1990 mustang/Z28's that will run 9's, which would you rather have one of them or a $180 grand Z06????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW there no where near $180 grand!! Get your facts straight. The LPE 427TT option is a mear $50 grand- so it would be a $100,000 car.
But theres plenty of Z's with prochargers with 600rwhp for about $60k.

Its pointless to continue. You can say oh well I know somwone with a mustang that runs a 9's- then I can say the same thing about a vette.
If you look stock for stock theres nothing under $50k that comes even close to what the Z06 offeres- NOTHING.

BTW I love MUSTANGS- but theres not one that compares to my Z06.

You act as if your z06 is leagues ahead of the cobra. Its more expensive, YAY. First of all, a bmw m3 is 10x better then the z06. The car is more comfortable, looks better, has more techonlogy in it, seats 4, and the interior does not look like it belongs on a cavalier. Now your comeback will be, oh the z06 outperforms it for less cash. Well, that is exactly what the cobra does to the z06, so your whole argument is moot.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
Wow its amazing what happens in such little time. All I posted was some times and someone gets upset. All I did was answered the challenge from a Vette guy that I'm pretty darn sure who it is, even though he is a little bite of a p*ssy by calling me by my name and not leaving his. I would not own a Z06 even though I am impressed with the cars. I did drive my buddies 02 Vette (I'm sorry its not Z06 so I guess it sucks compared to one of those) I liked it but when I got my Cobra why did he drive it and say I would rather have the Cobra? I got my car at X plan so I didn't pay more than sticker and so what if I don't have a $46000 to $50000 Z06. I can eat one alive straight and around corners because I would bet the Cobra will hang in the turns and oh yeah its faster so I believe I would pull away on the straights. Don't get me wrong some Z06's are very fast and some are slow it depends on who drives them, I do like the cars but don't sweat the numbers until you run them. SEE YA

TURK

Theres LPE TT vettes running 9's that are emissions leagal!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, they also cost $180,000.

I lost by 1/4 car in my 707 rwhp Supra from 5-110 mph to a C5 TT with 728 rwtq. It's for sale for 64K. 12K miles. Runs 10.2@135. Auto. If interested: AIM: DJ JSelf

Also saw it smoke a heavily modded 03 Cobra and it beat a busa from a 50 mph roll to 150mph.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I find these posts amusing. ;-)
Cheby guys,Ford guys and some of you are BI!!!

I'll bet you guys compare LAP DANCERS the same way.

I am a FORD guy and i think it's just more fun beating a VETTE with a Cobra.
Cobra is a Mustang with a cover charge.:shrug:

Jim V.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
I find these posts amusing. ;-)
Cheby guys,Ford guys and some of you are BI!!!

I'll bet you guys compare LAP DANCERS the same way.

I am a FORD guy and i think it's just more fun beating a VETTE with a Cobra.
Cobra is a Mustang with a cover charge.:shrug:

Jim V.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with you Jimmy! :-D

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
quoted from their webpage... dosn't seem like all that great of a deal to me (comparing the price, vs. the simple mods one can do to a 03 Cobra. Also, at the bottom, states you can get their warranty for $200.00, but I'm thinking its only for the supercharger, I didn't read into it much....Also, it says its NOT emissions friendly, unless you see an EO number listed, and unless i'm looking in the wrong place, I didnt see one listed.

Reference: http://www.lingenfelter.com/pac350magscc5.asp

Supercharged 5.7 L Lingenfelter Corvette Engine Package
490 BHP - LS1 1997 - 2003
510 BHP - ZO6 2001
520 BHP - ZO6 2002 - 2003

0-60-MPH 3.7 seconds 1/4 mile-11.7 sec @ 126 MPH
As tested by Car & Driver 4/2002

Package includes:
Magnacharger supercharger package - silver painted finish
Properly sized fuel injectors
Custom LPE fiberglass hood painted & blended - shown
Professional installation, testing and calibration
Chassis dyno tested after assembly

1997 - 2003 Corvette package price $8,399.00

Options to package
LPE high flow air intake system $300.00
LPE lighted boost gauge $295.00
Corsa stainless steel exhaust system $795.00
HD automatic transmission rebuild $2,595.00
Yank custom torque converter $600.00
Labor to R&R transmission $350.00
Polished supercharger $1,000.00

Supercharger kit components not installed
• Magnacharger kit $4,950.00
• Lingenfelter custom fiberglass hood, unpainted $750.00

View the April 2002 Car & Driver Magazine article

View other pictures of hoods available to fit the SC package

*Some applications may benefit from a higher stall torque converter. Please ask your salesperson for details and prices.
Average power improvement of 100 HP seen over OEM crankshaft ratings. LS6 horsepower & torque slightly higher. Magnacharger 3 years/36,000 mile limited warranty available for an additional $200.00.

Normal installation time required: 2-3 weeks with prior notification.

Items on this page are not legal for sale or use on California pollution controlled motor vehicles unless they are listed with an E.O. number.

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
also here is the page for the Twin Turbo Setup... also says its not emissions friendly unless it has the E.O. number...and I don't see one listed.

reference: http://www.lingenfelter.com/pac725ttls1y.asp

1997-2003 Corvette Twin Turbo LS1, ZO6
427 CID 725 BHP / 650 lbs-ft of torque

Package includes:

Two true ball bearing turbochargers
Two high efficiency air to air chargecoolers
Custom molded Samco silicone air ducts
4 into 1 custom cast exhaust manifolds
Two cast turbo outlet adapters
Turbocharger scavenge pump
Turbo oil drain reservoir
Two K&N 360 degree conical air filters
Heat shields and stainless clamps
Professional installation, testing and tuning
Corsa stainless steel exhaust system
Turbocharger water feed and return hoses
Turbocharger oil feed and return hoses
Gaskets, spark plugs and fluids
Custom 7.0 L aluminum C5R block
CNC Porting and polishing of LS1 cylinder heads
Port matched LS6 intake manifold
Billet steel connecting rods
Forged 4340 crankshaft
Forged aluminum pistons
Custom hydraulic roller camshaft
High performance valve springs & lightweight retainers
Stainless steel one piece heavy duty intake valves
Inconel one piece heavy duty exhaust valves
Three angle valve job, checking of spring tensions & heights
Computer balanced rotating assembly
Reassembly and blueprinting of engine
Properly sized fuel injectors and high capacity fuel system
GHL stainless steel exhaust system
Professional installation, testing and PCM recalibration
LPE's 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty

1997-2003 Corvette LS1 & LS6 package prices
Manual transmission $49,995.00
Automatic transmission upgrade $2,595.00
Pictures of Twin Turbo Install

Normal installation time required: 6-8 weeks with prior notification.

Items on this page are not legal for sale or use on California pollution controlled motor vehicles unless they are listed with an E.O. number.

Last edited:

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
and finally the warranty...

reference: http://www.lingenfelter.com/pacwarranty.asp

Lingenfelter Installed Engine Packages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information on the warranty included with your Lingenfelter installed engine package

The Warranty information supplied with your package at time of completion may include more specific details.

How to Get Service - A dealer or mechanic of your choice in your area may complete minor repairs that might be needed and are covered under warranty only with written prior approval from LPE. Failure to comply with this rule may result in a loss of warranty coverage.

Lingenfelter Top End Kits - Engine packages that do not include short block rebuild, turbo chargers or superchargers.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, INC (LPE) warrants each Top End Kit they install to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 2 years or 24,000 miles. This warranty shall only cover the components modified or installed by LPE and will not cover the short block assembly. The warranty does not cover the clutch, torque converter or other drive-train components. The warranty period begins on the date of delivery. This warranty applies only to the original owner of the engine at date of delivery. The warranty will not apply to damages resulting from detonation, overheating, misuse, incorrect maintenance, modifications or accidents. The vehicle must be delivered to LPE at the owner’s expense for inspection before any warranty authorization will be given. LPE reserves the right to repair or replace components of the engine assembly after inspection. LPE shall not be held liable for any consequential damages resulting from a warranty claim. This warranty voids all previously issued warranties and is non-transferable.

Lingenfelter Engine Packages - 383 CID, 368 CID, 415 CID, 427 CID.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, INC (LPE) warrants each engine package they install to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 2 years or 24,000 miles. The warranty covers the engine assembly, but does not cover the clutch, torque converter or other drive-train components. The warranty period begins on the date of delivery. This warranty applies only to the original owner of the engine at date of delivery. The warranty will not apply to damages resulting from detonation, overheating, misuse, incorrect maintenance, modifications or accidents. The vehicle must be delivered to LPE at the owner’s expense for inspection before any warranty authorization will be given. LPE reserves the right to repair or replace the engine assembly after inspection. LPE shall not be held liable for any consequential damages resulting from a warranty claim. This warranty voids all previously issued warranties and is non-transferable.

Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Packages - 550 HP, 650 HP & 725 HP.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, INC (LPE) warrants each twin turbo package they install to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 2 years or 24,000 miles. The warranty covers the turbo components and the engine assembly, but does not cover the clutch, torque converter or other drive-train components. The warranty period begins on the date of delivery. This warranty applies only to the original owner of the engine at date of delivery. The warranty will not apply to damages resulting from detonation, overheating, misuse, incorrect maintenance, modifications or accidents. The vehicle must be delivered to LPE at the owner’s expense for inspection before any warranty authorization will be given. LPE reserves the right to repair or replace the engine assembly after inspection. LPE shall not be held liable for any consequential damages resulting from a warranty claim. This warranty voids all previously issued warranties and is non-transferable.

Lingenfelter Corvette & Truck Magnacharger Supercharged Engine Packages -
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, INC (LPE) offers an optional upgraded warranty through Magnacharger that covers the supercharger and drive-train for 3 years or 36,000 miles. Please contact your salesperson for specific details and cost.

david smilovic

Established Member
I too own both and the Z06 is far more refined than the 03'.Take them both over 150 with stock suspension Vette firmly planted Cobra LIGHT!!!!!.I have owned 12 'Stangs loved them all and 12 Vettes loved all too.
They each have qualities of there own and some they share.So lets all enjoy our rides and mod them till they satisfy each owner.Dave S.
Ps my Vette has seen speeds in excess of 225 the 'Stang I believe did a 175 run last week and will be a 200 mph ultra G machine or dragster I have not yet made up my mind.Dave

Users who are viewing this thread