03 cobra 10,000

tumm37

Established Member
he can advertise the price for 10,000 and not have to honor the price...this is not false advertisement...an advertisement is not an offer to a contract but rather an invitation to negotiation...he just trying to get attention

intero

Established Member
Actually, that's not true, as it depends on the state. In MA, if you advertise it for a price, you gotta sell it for that price.
-Tom

tumm37

Established Member
ok...how many other states can you name? that is the general rule in business law...how is it not true?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i emailed him....let's see if i get a response. i called the phone number but the lady that answered said i had the wrong number

97SVT#777

Established Member
He could just be playing a prank like I did. I put an ad online in the auto trader for a new cobra with about 20,000 worth of mods in perfect condition for like 5 grand. Then I put my friend's phone number on it and said call anytime. He got around 75 calls a day for the next month or so untill I took it off. His parents were like WTF!!! This was a couple of years ago. Good prank if ya wanna get someone back.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Gees, that would be a good thing I guess if it is that guy's stolen car. This is why I love the SVT community, nothing seems to get by anyone whose part of it.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I emailed the guy and this is what he emailed me back exactly

Hi, sorry for my delay...
I must to tell you that my name its Wilson, I am architect, and now I work for a project in Europe,Portugal and I will
be back in US on May 25th
The car it's in US at my home address,I can make the arrangements to start
the ship or you can come and pick it up(but only if I will see that you have the money).The car it is in MINT condition
except the baterry( you will have to buy a new one)
All you have to do its to make deposit ($2000) refundable-but loosing transfer's fees(arround$ 170) if you dont like the car, under my name using western
union wire transfer, Immediatelly I will start the shipping
the ballance within 3 business days after you receive the car.
Also I need your full name and address for shipping
Please let me know ASAP
Wilson Serrano, Rua da Alegria, 172
Zip Code: 4000 034,Porto,Portugal

I would have to say this car is stolen, sounds like the guy who said he car got stolen by a Mexican maybe he was Spanish!!!!
I don't know but something doesn't seem right?

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
As of 11:02am central time the car is no longer listed so do you think someone bought or figured out it was stolen, battery deal at 328 miles weird huh:shrug:

FordFreak

Established Member
How is it so easy to scam through western union?
I was selling laptops on ebay a few months ago and I got about 2 emails a day per laptop from people out of the country. Every single one wanted to pay by western union.

I knew it was all a scam cause they wanted to buy like 5 at a time! haha

So whats the deal with western union? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread