'03 Cobra beats down '04 SRT-10 Viper

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
...and I have the video to prove it.

Was rolling around our local cruise scene, and happened to spy a white Viper. My bud and I stopped by the gas station, and in the rolls the Viper dude for a little chat. Was a super nice guy BTW.

Anyway, we talked about our cars a little, and he told me his was bone stock and wanted to see how it would do against a fast Cobra. So, we agreed to roll out onto the highway for a little run. I grabbed the camera and had my bud film it.

First run, he missed a gear so we lined up again and went from a 40mph roll. My cameraman was a rookie, so take it easy on him. Anyway, when we let off I had a couple cars on him. I guess these cars are good for 11.7's @ 123 with a good driver so I know they are no slouch.

Enjoy the video!

http://home.comcast.net/~mondolx/vids/cobravsviper.mpg

formula87350

Established Member
Nice run man. I can't even imagine taking out a Viper, well not any time soon anyway! I was at the dyno this weekend and a KB cobra running 14# boost put down 557 rwhp/498rwtq. That was pretty humbling being that I only put down 327rwhp/345rwtq off the bottle. Good runs though and I hate how your cars respond to mods!!

Thrust

Established Member
Great kill, :rockon: I don't think that I am ready for the srt10 vipers yet.

tvguy

badcobra said:
...and I have the video to prove it.

Was rolling around our local cruise scene, and happened to spy a white Viper. My bud and I stopped by the gas station, and in the rolls the Viper dude for a little chat. Was a super nice guy BTW.

Anyway, we talked about our cars a little, and he told me his was bone stock and wanted to see how it would do against a fast Cobra. So, we agreed to roll out onto the highway for a little run. I grabbed the camera and had my bud film it.

First run, he missed a gear so we lined up again and went from a 40mph roll. My cameraman was a rookie, so take it easy on him. Anyway, when we let off I had a couple cars on him. I guess these cars are good for 11.7's @ 123 with a good driver so I know they are no slouch.

Enjoy the video!

http://home.comcast.net/~mondolx/vids/cobravsviper.mpg

Wow, nice runs. And I must say you have a REALLY nice passenger side speaker.
pacotaco

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Nice kill man..I really don't like the new vipers..They aleardy sounded weird..but now they look weird.
1st gen viper= :bowdown:

AwesomeTerminator you have there.. im a soon to be owner. :thumbsup: It's been a 2 year wait, YES!!!!!!

At least he was cool, and knew what's up. Bolt-on Terminator=you die. :rockon:

12nChng

Established Member
:bowdown: WOW! That was awesome! It looked like he had pretty long shifts, but even when he was in gear you pulled on him pretty good!!!! What are your mods???

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The rear-end and tranny gearing in a Viper are different than a Terminator. I could hear the guys trans crashing, so he was banging em pretty hard. We just had different shift points, and a different power band.

MY mods are in sig BTW.

tom03lightning

Established Member
badcobra said:
The rear-end and tranny gearing in a Viper are different than a Terminator. I could hear the guys trans crashing, so he was banging em pretty hard. We just had different shift points, and a different power band.

MY mods are in sig BTW.

The shift points should still be close. The tranny's have the same gear ratios for the 1st 4 gears, just have differnet rear gears. The cobra has a 3.55 and viper a 3.07, but the cobra has an additional 500rpm too. So they should end up pretty similar untill the top of 4th (top of 4th for us is about 135 for a viper is 150)

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
You are right...my bad. I'd like to put some 3.90's in and add the Viper overdrive gears. I bet a Viper really responds well to a steeper gear.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Nice kill, I may be flamed for this, but what did you expect? You have 70-80 more rwhp and are racing from a roll.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I expected to win...no doubt about it. Just have never had a chance to run one yet, and most guys that drive a Viper never expect to get smashed by a lowly Mustang. He was a cool guy, but he didn't come back up on the Avenue to chat after like I thought he would. Him and his buddies following in the Chevy SS kinda ran outta there. Even though he knew what a modded Cobra was capable of, he probably thought he would waste me. It was all good...I would have posted the vid whether I won or lost. You win some, you lose some.

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Well please bring that beast of a cobra down here and run this ACS Viper I ran up on yesterday. We played for 2 gears and I could see there was no need for any more. I've only had my 96 for 2 months and the mods are slowly getting on the car. Hopefully some 410's here in a few weeks. Anyone ever heard of this ACS model Viper? I talked to the driver for about 15 seconds at the stop light, he said it would hand a GTS model Viper it's tail. Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what he told me. Personally had never seen one before.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
There's already enough Vipers in town that can toast me as it is...no need to drive 1200 miles for a beat down!! I would like to run into one that's a little modded and see what it's got though. This thing was fast, but he had nothing for me from the middle of 3rd on.

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
1SVT&1GT said:
Well please bring that beast of a cobra down here and run this ACS Viper I ran up on yesterday. We played for 2 gears and I could see there was no need for any more. I've only had my 96 for 2 months and the mods are slowly getting on the car. Hopefully some 410's here in a few weeks. Anyone ever heard of this ACS model Viper? I talked to the driver for about 15 seconds at the stop light, he said it would hand a GTS model Viper it's tail. Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what he told me. Personally had never seen one before.
the ACR viper is a stripped down version of the gts.
weight reduction and suspension tweaks. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread