03 Cobra blower belt slip

Jay03cobra

Established Member
Just recently ive noticed my belt slipping when getting on it.. i had a gatorback belt on it and never had any issues until now. i noticed the belt either may have jumped or just been slipping so much it began to shred. i got a gates belt (not v ribbed) because the store sent me the wrong one. i said wth ill just try, it still slips around 4000rpm. Im trying to go back to a gatorback belt. any recommendations? is it the best in reguards to belt slip? part number? thank you

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Just recently ive noticed my belt slipping when getting on it.. i had a gatorback belt on it and never had any issues until now. i noticed the belt either may have jumped or just been slipping so much it began to shred. i got a gates belt (not v ribbed) because the store sent me the wrong one. i said wth ill just try, it still slips around 4000rpm. Im trying to go back to a gatorback belt. any recommendations? is it the best in reguards to belt slip? part number? thank you

Billetflow's website has the correct belt sizes, depending on your pulley set up.

Are you using the 100mm pulley next to the blower pulley?

b_dike

Established Member
Thats what i use on my car. I have a 2.76 and 100mm idler and 74in fits perfect with no slip. But ive been using a gates belt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, the 74" is what you want. The Gatorback was my favorite belt back when I had my '03 Cobra.

I have a Belt Guide on my website that covers a multitude of applications.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread