03 cobra engine ready to go in my 93 cobra!

juicedmustang

Established Member
I finally finished my 03 cobra engine that is going in my 93, it will be getting a 3.4 whipple before i get it out. this is a brand new engine, it has the revised heads, new block, crank, rods, and je pistons, arp 2000 rod bolts, arp main studs, mmr side bolts, fore precision fuel rails, arp head studs, melling oil pump, moroso aluminum oil pan. the project is coming along, still have a lot of wiring to do. let me know what you think, pics are kind of crappy.
cobraenginepics006-1.jpg

cobraenginepics004-1.jpg

cobraenginepics006.jpg

cobraenginepics005.jpg

cobraenginepics004.jpg

cobraenginepics002.jpg

cobraenginepics001.jpg
[/IMG]/i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/juicedmustang/cobraenginepics001.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

CobraCraig

Established Member
Project I have wanted to do for a long time, and contemplated it for a while. Only wish it would all fit under a stock hood. Good luck.

buddha93

Established Member
Looks like fun to me. I wish I had some funds and enough garage space for a new project.

Is the engine a crate motor?

Adower

Established Member
OMG that is exactly what I want to do. What way did you go about in getting the motor A lot of people buy wrecked 03/04's for the drive train and the electronics.

Did you do any type of write up that you can post up for future people who want to do the swap?

DRK88GT

Established Member
This is a real nice car and should be pretty sick. Hopefully it sees the light of day some time soon. Its been almost three years. Hope you can keep up with the black cobra!!!

juicedmustang

Established Member
I bought the engine and everything else separate, it would probably be easier to buy a wrecked car if you can afford it. I have about $8,000 in this swap so far, and i still need a tranny, exhaust, driveshaft, supercharger cooling system, radiator. To do a complete swap, i figured i will have about $12,000-$13,000 with the stock supercharger, add another $4,000 for a whipple or a kenne bell. Anybody wanting to do this swap there is a couple of ways to do the wiring, I chose to use the factory 03 cobra gauge cluster. I bought the ford 03 mustang wiring diagram manual and i have the 93 cobra wiring diagram. The wiring is not that difficult, just a lot of time. you will have to pull the dash out of the car. I am spending the time and pulling all the wires out of both dash harnesses that i don't need, the factory 93 turn signal wiring, fuel sending unit wiring, gauge cluster illumination wiring will have to be wired into the 03 gauge cluster, the 03 and the 93 fuel sending unit have the same ohm rating, so your fuel gauge will be accurate. The 03 gauge cluster will fit behind the 93 panel, you will have to do some plastic work to make it look factory, i am having a friend of mine who is a body guy do mine, i will continue to do a write up and post pics as i progress. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
Project I have wanted to do for a long time, and contemplated it for a while. Only wish it would all fit under a stock hood. Good luck.

stock hood fitment would be amazing im wondering if you could get a different k member that lets the engine sit lower to clear it ..

trey193

Established Member
Great looking swap I am doing the same to a 90 notch of mine. A friend of mine(Wldtang) did all my wiring and for some reason he said the fuel guage read wrong anything special you did on the wiring , he said it read empty or full but nothing in the middle while moving lever on the sending unit by hand while watching the fuel guage?? Anything you can think of?? Everything else went great he gave me a big trash bag full of wiring that I wasnt using out of both the cobra harness's and the fox. My 03 cobra cluster looks factory in the fox dash with a little trim work on some abs plastic I had. Good luck on your swap!!

tmkr03

Established Member
I was thinking of doing this to a car i picked up.

What K-member / front suspension have you had to change out?

As far as wiring. could you just have the 03 cobra harnass and computer control the motor and use a painless system for the lights, gauges,ect?

Thanks

10sec5oh

Established Member
Great looking swap I am doing the same to a 90 notch of mine. A friend of mine(Wldtang) did all my wiring and for some reason he said the fuel guage read wrong anything special you did on the wiring , he said it read empty or full but nothing in the middle while moving lever on the sending unit by hand while watching the fuel guage?? Anything you can think of?? Everything else went great he gave me a big trash bag full of wiring that I wasnt using out of both the cobra harness's and the fox. My 03 cobra cluster looks factory in the fox dash with a little trim work on some abs plastic I had. Good luck on your swap!!

Any pictures of the way your Cobra cluster turned out? Going to do the same with mine soon.

juicedmustang

Established Member
I was thinking of doing this to a car i picked up.

What K-member / front suspension have you had to change out?

As far as wiring. could you just have the 03 cobra harnass and computer control the motor and use a painless system for the lights, gauges,ect?

Thanks
I am using a AJE k-member and there a-arms. haven't got the coil overs yet.

Rickety

Established Member
Sweet...

Doing the same to mine....3.4 Whipple and 4R70W....But goin with the Production Dash/Wiring...

GL with the Project....

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread