03 Cobra front bumper swap?

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I apologize if this has been gone over before, but the search is failing everytime I try.

I'm looking for information on how an 03' Cobra front bumper cover will fit on an 01' Cobra. I'm thinking about going with the 03'.

Thanks

VtekII

Established Member
no it wont fit... you have to get new fenders and weld in a whole new radiator support, and usually youll need a tubular K member as well.

jk.. fits right up. need new fogs and pigtails to the lights tho.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
no it wont fit... you have to get new fenders and weld in a whole new radiator support, and usually youll need a tubular K member as well.

jk.. fits right up. need new fogs and pigtails to the lights tho.

LOL, cool thanks man!

Where did you buy yours? Is it an OEM piece?

VtekII

Established Member
yes its OEM, and i payed out the ass for it from Latemodel Resto. Unfortunately i got it before i was a member here. they have some for sale usually in the Market section.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
attachment.php

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I just did mine and I love it! Was gonna repaint my stock one due to rock chips and such but after seeing my buddies cars all the time (terms) I just started to like it more and more. Surprisingly does not look bad with the stock hood either. I say go for it.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
It fits right up, look in the classifieds here, or check craigslist. I've heard sometimes you need to mount the top tabs a little back further to make sure you don't have clearance issues with your hood, I just let my bodyshop know that and they never said if they had to or not. It didn't look like it to me though

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
It fits right up, look in the classifieds here, or check craigslist. I've heard sometimes you need to mount the top tabs a little back further to make sure you don't have clearance issues with your hood, I just let my bodyshop know that and they never said if they had to or not. It didn't look like it to me though

I had to drill my holes on the bumper support back about a half inch. Or else hood will hit top of bumper. Not bad at all to do though.

Users who are viewing this thread